Well, there are officially only 14 days of school left. However, because I only go to school on Wednesdays and Fridays I really only have 4 days left and then 3 finals. Well, I also have 2 Kaplan tests that I have to take, but oh well. I’m REALLY excited! Anyway, we just got back from Thanksgiving break and I thought that I would write about it.
On Friday, I got done with my test and working out by 1:30pm, so I hurried home, finished packing, took a 30 minute nap, dropped Gill off at the Smith’s house, filed the car with gas, and then picked Derek up at 4:15 and we immediately headed out to our friend Cory’s house in Salt Lake City. He and his grandparents were nice enough to let us spend the night and then Cory took us to the airport at 10:00am. It was actually really nice to spend the night there because they had Cable, so I watched TV while Derek and Cory played videogames. The flight/trip was really uneventful (which is EXACTLY how I like it to be). Jaclyn and Jeff (and Ethan) picked us up from the airport and took us to Granny and Grandpa’s house. They live in a really nice little subdivision/community called the “Pecan Plantation.” Their house was very different in layout, but very nice. When we went inside, Derek practically abandoned all of us, although before he got to the door he turned around to get me so that he could introduce me. Granny and Grandpa were so excited that we were all there. Granny had some BBQ sandwiches made and they were absolutely wonderful. Of course Derek started making comments like “Granny is the best cook in the world” yada yada. Grandpa gave him a bad time about digging himself a hole and that he would “never learn.” It was pretty cute. Derek was on cloud nine the entire week. He was so happy to be around so much family. I don’t remember exactly, but I’m pretty sure that we broke out the Rook cards that night. Derek’s family is obsessed with Rook. They play it ALL THE TIME. Luckily, I have learned to love it to.
Sunday, we went to church with them at their church. They go to “The First Christian Church” or something like that. It was really interesting because they have female ministers and elders and anyway, it was very interesting. Later that day, around 5pm, Jennifer, Laura, and James arrived. I was really excited to see them because I really adore James and Laura.
Monday we mostly just played Rook, went over to the Habathers (some of Granny and Grandpa’s friends) and mostly just visited. I was really happy because there was this trail that I could run on. Jaclyn told me that she usually runs three miles, so I told myself that was what I would do. It felt really good to run considering half of what we did was eat all the time. I REALLY didn’t want to put on any weight.
Tuesday, we hung out again. We returned a golf cart that Grandpa had been using to give the kids a ride, and just played games. I really don’t remember doing much else. OH! I think we went to eat at the Village Bistro for lunch. The food was SO good, but SO greasy! It was nice to kind of get out of the house though and have that memory together.
Wednesday morning we headed out to Uncle Mike’s house. The Hunters went in their own car to pick up Derek’s parents from the airport. Then, after picking them up they were going to grab lunch and then take them on a tour of where Jeff grew up and stuff. Derek and I rode with James, Granny, and Grandpa to Uncle Mike’s. When we got there, Uncle Mike showed us the travel trailer we would be staying in. I’m actually really glad that we stayed in the trailer rather than in the house because it was so noisy with everyone in the house, plus Uncle Mike slept with the TV on SO LOUD! I mean, you could hear it from every corner of the house. I also met Derek’s cousin Ross. He was a really nice guy. He’s also into cooking and he was the one that did the Turkey and it was the best Turkey I have ever tasted. It was SO MOIST! I was amazed! Also, on Wednesday I played Rook with Derek as my partner against Ross and Jennifer and I shot the moon and MADE IT! Crazy huh? Yeah, it was pretty sweet. Derek’s parents arrived around 4pm and I was SO EXCITED to see them. Mom gave me a birthday card with some birthday money. She also gave me the skirt that my mom bought for me so that I could wear it for graduation (since I have to wear all white...it’s a nursing thing). My mom also sent me a little birthday present along with a card that had this magnet in it. The magnet has a picture with two women, a mom and a daughter. On the back there is a little message/poem-ish thing. Mom told me that is said how she felt about me. When I read it, I balled. Which means I balled in front of basic strangers who I just met, but I didn’t care, it meant so much to me. There was also a card written to Derek and I congratulating us on our graduation from my parents. It was nice to get that from them especially since I couldn’t see them for Thanksgiving and they are not coming for my graduation (which by the way I chose for them not to come because the timing is really bad because are moving as SOON as the graduation ceremony is over).
Thursday came along and although we were supposed to eat at 12:00, dinner was actually ready at 2:30pm. But that’s ok. The food was absolutely divine! We all ate so much we thought that we were going to throw it all back up. A couple people even undid their pants. I didn’t eat THAT much, I don’t like having that full feeling. I find it REALLY uncomfortable.
I do have to say that after meeting the Marquette side of the family I definitely see where Derek got his humor and some of his mannerisms and stuff.
Friday, Derek, Jaclyn, and I went shopping. I had a REALLY good time shopping. I love being with Jaclyn and Derek’s mom. They are both so sweet to me. Jennifer and Dave left for the airport while I was gone shopping and by the time we got done shopping and went home back to Granny and Grandpa’s house, it was like 7pm. We then watched Twilight, well, more like I did and mom a little. Jaclyn fell asleep, but she had seen it before.
Saturday we went to eat at Grumps. It was really good food too. Seriously, I don’t think we ate anything that wasn’t “really good.” Then, after eating, Derek’s mom, Jaclyn, and I went to some cute little shops to look around. They had some really cute things, but it was a little overpriced. Plus, I didn’t need to spend any more money or take anything else home. After that, we went and saw “New Moon.” I thought it was so good and so much better than the first one. That night we played some Rook and Derek and Jeff annihilated us. I think I ended up negative with all my scores combined. Hahaha. Jaclyn and I also stayed up and had girl talk until 2:00am. It was pretty fun, but I was exhausted later.
Sunday we just played some Rook, watched Oh Brother Where Art Thou? and then left to go to the airport at 2:00pm. Well, to make a long story short, our last flight got delayed to 11pm and we didn’t get into Rexburg until 5am. It was CRAZY. So Derek and I just slept all day pretty much. It was a great trip. Derek had the time of his life.
Now we only have 2 ½ weeks of school left and then we are moving to GA!!! Oh, by the way, it is official. Derek has an internship with a company called America’s Waste To Energy. I think it could become a really good thing for him. I guess we will see. The best part is that we will be living only 4 hours away from our family! How great is that?!!! EEK!! Well, forward ho!
1 comment:
Hi Gina,
Is your address still:
333 Bare Street, Apt. 2
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
I am working on holiday cards. Would you email me?
Thanks!
callieobrien@gmail.com
BTW - I am Dionne's sister through Josh.
Post a Comment