Ok...not really. I think I technically have 6 days left. But man am I happy! As of today, I am 12 weeks, 4 days. And I think by definition you hit your 2nd trimester when you are 13 weeks 3 days. So, there you go.
Monumental Moments to Far:
1.) Yesterday was the first day I was able to go the entire day without taking nausea medication!! Although the 4 days following up to it were a nightmare of nausea, yesterday I actually felt fairly "normal"! This is a big step for me! haha. I may just yet have a life soon!
2.) Headaches hit. I have now had 2 horrible migraines in the last 2 weeks. Don't worry, my blood pressure is 112/68 so it's not Pregnancy Induced Hypertension...which I don't think even happens until the 2nd trimester at the earliest. Both of them happened after working a couple shifts, so I think they are mostly due to stress and fatigue.
3.) Baby Bump! Well, I think I have gained about 3-4 pounds since getting pregnant. I am officially having an issue getting into my jeans and actually started to notice a protrusion from my lower abdomen. However, most people at work still tease me about not even being pregnant since I'm not really showing yet. I am really stoked to get a bump though....I will try to get a picture up here ASAP.
4.) Food tastes good again!!! For a few weeks I literally cried through my meals because everything tasted like cardboard. But I kept trying to eat so that my baby wouldn't go hungry...it's actually really comical now. hahaha. I never thought I'd be depressed while eating.
For other news...
We ended up giving Betsy back to Derek's parents a couple nights ago. I felt horrible, but Betsy started becoming more obstinant right around the time I got pregnant. I was so sick, Derek gave me a lot more love and attention which therefore means a lot less for the dogs. Betsy became jealous which lead to her being disobedient when Derek was not around as well as being more moody. Betsy would show her teeth to me on certain occasions and would threaten to nip me on others. So, we decided it was best she go back to Derek's parents, especially since we have a baby coming and I would kill anyone or anything that would bite my baby. It has been very apparent that Derek and Baxter are missing Betsy greatly. Baxter has been whining consistently for the last couple days...poor baby. Derek is missing her, but taking it really well. The good news is...at least she only lives like 10 minutes away. haha....I know, it sounds so ridiculous, but our apartment really is a lot quieter. There definitely is a different feel.
When it comes to the baby and Baxter, the only thing I'm worried about him doing is knocking our baby over. He is a gentle giant. From the time we first got him, I started pulling on Baxter's ears and tail, messing with his food while he was eating, and playing with his paws and mouth so that he is not sensitive about a child pulling on anything. He really is just a huge teddy bear/snuggle bunny. I think he'll really bond with our baby and probably end up sleeping in his/her room and being very protective.
Oh, funny story, at least I find it funny. Apparently Baxter is intimidating looking. I must admit that his bark is rather shockingly loud and deep. So, there has been about 3 different instances where I have been taking Baxter out to go to the bathroom and as we are coming back to the apartment, someone will walk around the corner almost literally into Baxter and I. All 3 times, these people have been totally oblivious to our presents and are generally looking down, behind them, etc until they are rudely snapped back to reality when Baxter let's out a HUGE bark, his hair goes up all over his back, and he takes a few steps toward the person. The response generated from the people always consists of jumping about 3 feet in the air and backwards, hands flinging into the air, and a slew of curse words streaming from their mouth. Luckily, everyone has ended up laughing within about 10 seconds, but man...it's really hard for me not to burst out laughing, because I know Baxter's true colors. But I guess to them, Baxter is fierce. I actually started watching K-9 cops, and I guess their dogs look pretty intimidating when they are barking at the end of a leash wanting to jump on the suspect. I guess Baxter looks similar. But to me, he's just my little baby making sure we are safe.
Anyway, that's it. Until next time.
2 comments:
YOU'RE PREGO!!! Congrats in a big way! We're excited for you. I hope you continue feeling better... because that's gross. November can't come soon enough. :)
I'm so excited for you guys!! Yay to the end of your first trimester. I sure do hope that nausea starts going away and u start feeling normal really soon which I am sure u will! :)
Post a Comment