I know, I know. I am a horrible blogger. I would feel even more horrible if I had not done any documenting of Marquette, but he has had hundreds, if not thousands, of pictures and videos taken of him. I just have literally been without a computer for over a month (that includes internet). My only means of communication was my cell phone. I was not about to type on my phone an entire blog post. So I procrastinated updating my blog until I had the proper means to do so. That being said, I shall continue.
We moved into our house! YEA!! There were some major setbacks, crying, emotional breakdowns, etc. etc. but the Lord pulled through as always. To make a long story short we found out we were not going to be able to close about a week before we were supposed to buy our house. I had movers coming to pick up our stuff and move it to our new house, people coming to install stuff, etc. all on that day. I freaked out. I didn't know what we would do with our stuff (as it had to be out because we were selling our house in GA) and we couldn't afford to store it. After a lot of praying, our realtor was able to get the builder to let us store our stuff in the house for over a WEEK before we were able to close. That's right, a week. And not in the garage, placed and set up where we wanted it. We were so blessed to have that. That kind of generosity is unheard of these days.
Anyway, we closed on June 8th by complete luck and we have loved our new home. I will try to post pictures soon. Ever since then I have been working franticly to unpack, hang pictures, change our licenses, register our cars, get ready for school in the fall, etc. It has been crazy. To make things even more interesting, my sweet Grandpa Durfee passed away June 13th. The funeral was held on June 18th. So Marquette got to go on his first plane ride with me and my family. Derek was unable to come because he just started his job. We were sad he could not come, but there was really no way to get him out there.
Grandpa's funeral was beautiful. My Aunt Marie gave the life sketch, Uncle Ross gave a talk, Jessica and Wendy sang, my mom and Aunt Margie sang, Uncle Doug gave a talk, and Uncle Kevin played a melody of grandpa's favorite songs on the piano. It was all phenomenal. I loved every second if it. It was great to see family. I can't wait to see them again! I am actually headed back out west for 2 weeks on Tuesday for our family reunions. I will be sure to take plenty of pictures of that as well!
Ok. Now for a catch up on Marquette. He is now mobile. He crawls, mostly army-style. He is very good at getting where he wants to go. So far he has gotten into my pantry, played with the toilet brush in the bathroom, and grabbed a pair of scissors (I did take those right away). I'm afraid what havoc this boy is going to bring when he can walk! EK! He loves to eat. You wouldn't guess it because he is not fat, but he will eat constantly if you let him. I stopped nursing/pumping a week ago. It's a long story, but basically the move severely decreased my milk supply, and with all the traveling I am doing and have been doing Marquette forgot how to nurse and I just cannot bring the pump bag with me everywhere I go. It was a nightmare trying to pump during the funeral and traveling on the airplane. Marquette is 7.5 months. I figured that I did a pretty good job getting him to that point. So now he is on formula (which he still drinks like a champ) and he will eat anything and everything. I definitely have not stuck to just feeding him Gerber baby food. He will eat regular bread, graham crackers, muffins, etc. as well. He doesn't have any teeth yet, but he gums it down enough to swallow. Every time he sees anyone with food or bringing food to him he starts kicking his legs and flapping his arms and hyperventilating. It's so cute.
He is very smart. He is constantly observing what others are doing. Everyone always comment's on "those big eyes" and how "alert they are." It's true. He has always been this way. He is either dead asleep or wide awake taking everything in. He will mimic you too. I love it. He wants to do what all the big kids/adults are doing. He knows how to take of his diaper, so I can no longer let him crawl around in it.
Marquette LOVES Baxter. And that love is definitely reciprocated. He will follow Baxter anywhere he goes. Baxter puts up with a lot though. Marquette will pull on his whiskers, steal his bone from his mouth, and just bug him. The only problem we have run into is that Baxter tries to "play" with Marquette in the only way he knows how--rough housing. The poor dog has been yelled at for pawing at Marquette a few times. I feel badly, but I really don't want my son to get cut by his sharp claws.
Derek loves coming home everyday and seeing his son. He gets so excited to be with Marquette. I love it. He even gets up with Marquette in the morning before work and then brings him to me when he has to leave! It's great! Marquette sometimes cries when he sees Derek leave to go to work. It's really sweet.
Lastly, Marquette LOVES his mommy. The time has come when he looks for me, watches where I go, and is slightly clingy around strangers. He is still pretty social and will let others hold him. But he really wants his mommy most of the time. Sometimes when he gets tired, he will just reach up with his arms asking for me to hold him. I LOVE IT! Although he still doesn't really want to be cuddled. He just wants to look around, while in my arms. He is not super cuddly, which is a little sad for me. He just wants to explore and not sit in my lap. But when he gets tired, his mommy is what he wants. I love it! I love that I am number one in his life. I have really enjoyed being a stay-at-home mom these past few weeks. I'm sad that I will have to give it up (kinda) this fall to go back to school and then will work for about 2 years. That will be very tough. BUT, I will definitely be going back to homemarker status once I finish paying off all our debt from me going back to school. It will be worth it in the end, I think.
We are grateful for this new chapter in our lives. We are grateful for the friends that we have already made and the friends we left behind who continue to stay in contact with us. We are excited for the future and to see what Heavenly Father has in store for us. As always, we know that all of our blessings come from Our Heavenly Father and Our Savior Jesus Christ.
Daddy and Marquette getting ready for church (this was a few months ago)
Watching Daddy play softball (this was in April)
Spending the day with Daddy and Mommy at the Dragonboat Fair May 19, 2012
Marquette just after he started sitting up (end of May. 6 months)
Marquette and Baxter (end of May while waiting to close on our new house. 6 months)
Loving Bath Time! 2.5 weeks ago
Sleeping in the pack n' play (end of May)
YUM YUM!! 2.5 weeks ago








1 comment:
I am glad you quickly took away scissors. Toilet brushes are much better to play with. Enjoy your new home! BTW, I have not seen Marquette for a long time..
Post a Comment