Friday, September 5, 2008

HAWAII


Derek and I were so excited to leave for Hawaii. I think we were so stoked we made ourselves sick. Well, at least Derek. Derek got sick right before we left, but luckily he got over it within our first day or two of our honeymoon. 


This is us at the airport waiting for our flight, it went by pretty fast in first class.

At first we stayed in Oahu on Ko' Olina beach. The resort was absolutely amazing and our room was SPECTACULAR! We also rented a Ford Mustang (we weren't supposed to have it but got an upgrade for free). Derek was really excited to have it and drove a little too wild for my taste, but it made him happy. That was probably one of his favorite parts of our vacation. We went out to eat a lot, saw a movie, went snorkeling, and visited Pearl Harbor. We also did fun things like play in the sand, boogie board, and jump the waves. 





                                                      The Ford Mustang Derek fell in love with.




  Derek trying on his new snorkeling apparel. He really loved following all the fish.
                                              We buried each other in the sand. 
Here we are at Pearl Harbor. Derek took a million pictures, but I decided to only post a few. We really enjoyed seeing the Arizona Memorial. 




I think both of our favorite activity was going to the Polynesian Cultural Center. Derek got chosen there for both the Tongan village show to play the drums, and for the Samoan village show where he competed in a game of who could make the quickest fire. Derek won of course. He smoked the other guy which was really fun to watch. I know that he really enjoyed that. The luau was amazing and we had great seats for the spectacular Horizons night show. 


Derek getting a headpiece after playing the drums in Tonga
Derek winning by creating a fire before the other guy

Derek and I with the Chief of Samoa
We're so cute
                                                   GGGGGGGGGgggggrrrrr..... fierce tattoos.

We also went to the Aloha Swap meet where I got a lot of really awesome souvenirs. We stopped by the BYU-Hawaii Campus to check it out so that Derek and I would officially have been to all 3 BYUs. Well, at least the ones within the United States. 


After about a week in Oahu, we flew to the Big Island, Hawaii. We did a lot of sight seeing there. We went to Akaka Falls, Rainbow Falls, went to South Point and jumped off the cliff into the Ocean, which is also the Southernmost part of the United States. We attended the temple in Oahu, but we were only able to see the outside of the Kona Temple because it was closed. We also saw the Volcano lava and the plumes. The only thing that stunk was that we got into a car accident in my Uncle's car right after golfing. I have been having some neck problems and I have a HUGE egg and bruise on my leg, but no big deal. Other than that we had a good time walking along the strip in Kona. Heck, all of it was amazing. We had a blast.






This picture and the one below, Derek and I are literally sitting on top of the waterfall. We're about 10 feet away from it. 





This is us by the flowing lava

This is the cliff Derek and I jumped from.

This is me diving from the cliff. I dove twice. Derek only dove once because he hurt his ears the first time so we only got a picture of me jumping. It's a LONG jump.


3 comments:

Rachel Burt said...

way fun pictures...i'm so jealous!!

Robinson Duo said...

It looks like you guys had a fantastic trip! It looks like you had the total Hawaii experience.

CatCrazy said...

Hi Gina,

I am one of Dionne's sisters (Josh's sister). We might have been in Hawa'ii at the same time. I still have to get our pictures up but my husband, Chris, has been there since the 4th and then I was there the 5th through the 9th. He comes back today. We were only in Oahu though! Glad you had a rock'in good time! Did you get to see any turtles snorkeling? I love the turtles!