Monday, March 23, 2009

Catch Up


Life has been great. School is tough, but what else is new? Derek and I are just trying to enjoy the ride while we are suffering through numerous tests, homework up to our eyeballs, and being poor beyond compare. 

On a happier note, my dad came and visited Derek and me for a weekend which was REALLY awesome. We went and watched Taken, ate out at Applebees (the one of two decent restaurants in Rexburg), and showed dad the new and improved BYU-I since he was here attending Ricks. We also met up with Heather Ellis, which was really fun. We all went to lunch at Gringos. It was so nice to be around an old friend and my dad! I forget how much I miss my family until I see them again. I just hope and pray that I will be able to live close to them soon. 
CHEESE!!!
This is the lab where I work. It's a simulation of a hospital
Derek and I in the Austin Building where he lives right now.

This last weekend was absolutely awesome! First, Friday we went to Taco Bell for a hot date and spent the next hour just talking about whatever came to mind. Later that evening we went on a walk because the weather was absolutely GORGEOUS! We had the best time just strolling along and talking. Those talks are the best. Then, even later that night we went to our friends Mindy and John's house and watched "I Am Legend" with them. We went home at about 10:40 and then left at 11:20, picked up our friend Austin, and then arrived at Walmart at 11:30 to buy Twilight at midnight. It was really fun, just being...kinda like college students. hahaha. 

The day we went on a picnic with some friends, and then off-roading right after. It was SO COOL! I wish I had gotten some video of the CRAZY enormous hills we went up. When we first started, I totally freaked out because it seriously looked like our car could possibly tip over or something...those hills were so steep! By the end of it...I drove up one of them myself!! A definitely less steep hill...but a hill nonetheless. 


The Car after our Adventure
Derek standing proudly by his work of art
Me enjoying the ride
The cute couple on a picnic

Good news!! Only 13 school days until the semester is OVER!! YIPEE!! Derek and I are dying for that to happen!

And our 1 year Anniversary is in a month! My how the time has FLOWN!!

We went through puddles WAY deeper than this. And hills WAY steeper than the one I drove up on the video below. 

2 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

You will miss the simple pleasures of College when it is all over.

Alyssa said...

That is so awesome!! And people say there is nothing fun to do in Rexburg... :)

And that is so cool that you are going to be a nurse! It is fun getting to read your blog and catch up with you a little bit. Thanks!