Sunday, February 15, 2009

School, Valentine's Day, A scare....Life basically

Sorry it's been so long since I have written. Life has been CRAZY! I thought that school was bad last semester. This semester has been 10 times worse...maybe more. First I'll focus on the positives...Derek and I are great. We are happily married and still flirt tons. We enjoy spending time together, watching movies, and hanging out with friends. Derek has thrown himself into his calling and I think all the men in church love Derek for getting all the basketball set up for them. Derek is really enjoying it too. After playing basketball for 2 hours on Thursday night Derek turned down working out with me Friday and Saturday due to the fact that he could barely walk he was so sore. I am still starting my calling, but starting next month I will be in charge of coordinating a service project for every month. YIKES!! I'm not too worried though...hopefully it won't be too hard....

Derek is doing great in school. I'm so proud of how hard he is working. He is on top of things and really put himself to work. And it is showing in his grades.

I, on the other hand, am studying like none other too...and struggling. I guess I should use the word "struggling" loosely...it's just...having an A- in a class, is considered a failure for me. I've never studied so long for a test and made such a proportionally horrible grade in comparison to the study time. Nursing school can be quite ridiculous...I'm really starting to get sick of it. I just keep telling myself "10 more months...10 more months..." the only problem is after that I still have another 2 or 3 semesters for my bachelors and then there's the whole issue of getting my Masters/Doctorates... I'm just trying to concentrate on getting my RN and keeping my scholarship. I am learning a lot though and I'm beginning to really enjoy what I do. I think I went into the perfect profession for my personality...I just need to decide EXACTLY what specialty I want to do. hmm....

We're also trying to find an internship for Derek (his internship got deferred by the way which is GREAT news (I don't have to be away from him for an entire semester anymore)). The problem is...the economy is such that hardly any construction companies are still hiring interns...ugh... we were hoping for this one in GA but it fell through... so now we are just hoping to find one. I am trying to be as open minded as possible... it's just hard for me to think that there might be a chance I won't get to go home to GA as quickly as I would like. But the important thing is making sure that Derek gets a degree. I also need an internship type of thing, but it will be much easier for me to get a job at a hospital, so I will go wherever he needs to go. I just pray I will be able to accept it without too much heartache. 

Derek and I had a GREAT Valentine's Day. He surprised me by taking me to my FAVORITE restaurant, Texas Roadhouse. YUMMY!! I totally had no idea he was taking me there, he fooled me into thinking we were going to Red Robin. We had a great conversation, which was really nice. Sometimes you get so busy in life you don't get to just sit down and talk. You know? Then we went and saw "Push." It was kind of a big disappointment...but that's ok. It just was nice to be able to spend time with Derek. We also went to Circuit City and bought 3 movies for 40% off, so it was a really good deal. That night we just spent time together and watched a couple more movies. It was very relaxing. I really needed it. I just love how whenever I'm around Derek, I mean REALLY around, not just next to him studying, I can just forget about all the work I have to do. He really makes me happy. 

Still in love
Happy Valentine's Day!
Eating at Texas Roadhouse
Derek enjoying his ribs
Today I had quite a scare. I got a call about an hour before church, mind you I was already uptight for the day because I had to give a talk in church. It was Laurel. She was crying. She told me she thought I would want to know about the recent events. My mind automatically switched to Roxy because I couldn't think of any other reason as to why Laurel would be the one calling to tell me some bad news. And then she said that mom was going to the hospital and that Cheri was taking her. My heart started pounding immediately. But then she told me it was probably kidney stones or a kidney infection and I calmed down. At least it wasn't life threatening...just very painful. Still, being a student nurse, I wanted to be with mom so that I could take care of her, not some other nurse that graduated from a slacker program. I was pretty worried, it was kind of hard to focus on preparing and presenting my talk. I got a text from dad right after sacrament meeting ended telling me that mom has two kidney stones. I talked to her later on the phone and she is doing much better. She's not in pain any more...but I know she will be when those stones start moving again...I wish I could be there to care for her and make her burden a little lighter....erg...

I did well on my talk though. I got a ton of compliments. That was really nice...a good feeling. I'm glad that I could touch someone. 

Well, Derek and I are going to watch a movie. I'm really enjoying this long weekend...I wish I could stay on a break...*sigh*...oh well...







Here is a picture of me where you can kinda see my new make up. I  have some other ones of Derek and I that I want to put up I just haven't had time yet. 

No comments: