Friday, August 21, 2009

Back Home!!

Mom and I at Education Week

James, Laura, and Me!
Laura and me!
At the Braves Baseball Game!
Austin and Me. It was great to see him and Hunter!
Canoeing!!

Cute boy
Cheese!
Playing imaginiff with the family
The siblings on the kayaks at the Hyatt Regency Hotel
Paddle Boating! It was HARD work!
Bicycling! It was so fun. I would say it was my favorite thing
Hypnotized
Heaven. Getting a pedicure and manicure with Derek's Mom and Jennifer
Eating at Mimi's Cafe. YUMMY!


Well, Derek and I are officially home. I do have to say, it feels GREAT to finally be home. I miss my family a ton but...it will be nice to get back into a nice routine again. Plus, we have a TON to do. Today I went and got a TB test done (I have to get one every year for nursing). Then we had to take Derek's bike in to get a new tire since it blew out. We don't have internet at our new apartment yet, so we had to contact Cable One. Hopefully we will have internet by next Tuesday or Wednesday. So for right now, we are at our old apartment using that internet since our contract isn't up until Sept 1. I am also starting to show an apartment that needs to be filled before our contract ends next weekend. YIKES!


I also need to update you on what we did since I last posted. Let's see...the last time I posted I think was right after we got back from Florida and we had just come home from church. So let's see...Monday I went with Cheri to school to visit my teachers for a little bit and get my IB Art Book back. FUNNY STORY:
I arrive at the school with Cheri and she wants me to help her go make sure she gets her parking pass that she has been trying for over 2 months to get. So, I go with her into the West Hall Office (yes, there are 2 offices. It's pretty gay), and she says she needs to get her parking pass. The lady beind the counter quickly replied that the parking passes were in the East Hall, all the way across the campus. About that time I noticed that a few of the staff were looking at me like they recognized me...or that I was too old to be a student. So, I decided that I might as well ask for a visitors pass since I was already there. Here is the dialog that occured:
"I need a visitors pass." No answer from the lady behind the desk. Instead she just looked behind me. Then, an answer came from behind me.
"Uh...no." At first I thought that it just happened to be someone speaking with someone else and just happened to give an answer at the right time. You know, coincidentally. So, I wait for the lady to answer me and the voice from behind me comes out again.
"There are no student visitors allowed." Well, that ticked me off, so I placed my left hand on my hip so that my ring would show, turn around to the male voice behind me and say...
"Excuse me, I am NOT a student. I am married!" as I flash my ring. "I'm hear to visit some of my old teachers." The man looked at my for a few seconds, a little taken back and then said.
"I'm going to have to ask you to come back this afternoon when school is out. The teachers are preparing to teach their students right now."
I WANTED to say "Excuse me, do you know who I am? It's because of students like me and my friends that you have that stupid award outside that says excellent students go here!" But I didn't. Instead I just said, "Ok." And walked out without even looking at him.
As we walked out of the office to the other one, Cheri goes: "Omgosh Gina...that was the PRINCIPAL you just talked to." I laughed, "You're not leaving are you?"
"Nope. I'm going to visit my teachers. He was a jerk." So we continued on. To make a long story short, Cheri got her pass the next day after having to jump through more loops, I got to visit my teachers, and they helped me dodge the principal for the rest of my time there.
The next day I visited a whole bunch of hospitals...lame, exciting, and necessary. End of Story.
Tuesday night we went out to dinner at Cici's Pizza and had fun twisting and then flicking and popping over 100 straws. I have pictures to prove it...well...my dad does. I don't at the moment. We spent the rest of the night watching family home videos. When I went to bed, I cried. It was so hard for me to leave my family...
Wednesday, we went back to Derek's family's house....I g2g, I'll finish later.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

It looks like you had so much fun! and I have seen those hypnotized looks before :)