Derek and I bought a Beta Fish last weekend. We just needed a new little life force in our apartment and we are not allowed to have dogs. So, a fish was the best we could do. His name is Gill. Well, Goldy Gill (Goldy after my fish that I killed when I was 3 after pouring Pepsi into his tank because I thought he was thirsty), but we can’t call him “G.G.” because he’s a boy and we don’t want people to think he’s gay. Every morning Derek and I entertain ourselves by going over to his bowl and saying “Good Morning Gill...I said Good Morning Gill!” I think it’s pretty cute because Derek worries about him and is constantly making sure our room door is closed and that the heater is on so that he doesn’t get too cold. He also worries about Gill not eating enough, or there being too many random bubbles in one corner of the fish tank. It makes me laugh. I think it’s pretty cute.
Also, last night we went on a double date (a BLIND date for the other two, I set them up) with our friends Brock and Marybeth. We went to the Haunted Mill and then out for ice cream. Dude, that place is freaky! I love it! Seriously, I love getting spooked. And Derek loves watching the rest of us scream. Marybeth freaked about as much as I did...and I think Brock was just shy of us. Hahaha. The ice cream was way good too! We had a blast.
Oh, and for anyone who cares to know how it went with my teacher, I won’t go into the ENTIRE conversation, since I was in her office for 40 minutes, but I will say this: I told her EXACTLY how I felt and I was quite frank, and although we don’t agree with each other (and she of course did not revoke my statement of concern...cause that would just be too nice and make too much sense) I understand her as a person better. And now that I see how she is, I can deal with her has a person. Am I still excited to get out of her class? YES. Is she my favorite person? Definitely Not. Am I her favorite person? No. But I told her how I felt and did not hold anything back. She definitely got defensive at first, but at the end I think we made some real progress. I still think she is insecure and has a lot of issues that she needs to deal with, but at least from now on I will not be an outlet for her to take out her anger or frustration. I made sure of that. So that is better now too.
Other than that, I am SO stoked for this weekend. You can’t even KNOW how excited I am! Well, that’s about all for now. I’ll keep you updated.
PS Here is a picture of when we had P-ray, Spencer, and Fran over! They are some of my friends from GA that started college this semester. We had a blast. Those boys are such a hoot!
1 comment:
Awesome times! Enjoy.
Post a Comment