Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Chapter of My Life

Well, let's just say that life has been crazy. To make a long story short, as soon as our Christmas break was over we found out that Jaclyn and Jeff were moving. At first I was really excited for them, but for the last couple days I was really sad! I had gotten so used to having them around that I didn't want them to leave. My nephew became my little ray of sunshine and it made me really sad when I went the first day without waking up to his cute little "HI!" However, I am grateful that Jeff was able to get a job and that they are being successful.
As for me, my job is not going quite as well as I had hoped. I am basically making enough money to pay for my car that I bought for the stinkin' job, car insurance, and that's about it. However, I think that I should look at the positives in the fact that I can study for my NCLEX because I have some extra time on my hands. However, it has been fairly stressful for us. I guess it just goes to show that life is always full of stress. I just need to learn to cope with it.
Well, other than that there is not much going on in life. We bought a new car, as I mentioned, probably paid too much, but I worked them down about $2,200 less than they wanted. So that's not too bad right? haha. I also cut my hair. I needed a change. Derek loves it, I like it a lot, and I've gotten compliments on it, so that made me feel good. Other than that, Derek is hoping for this job to come through, and we are trying to enjoy this journey we call life. It has really been a blast though. I've gotten to spend lots of time with my family which has been AWESOME and have started studying for my NCLEX. It's officially, I take it February 11th, 2010 EEK! I'm so nervous to take it! I hope I pass. What if I don't? I can't even think about that right now. Well, I must be off!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

You are so sweet Gina! We miss you too! I told Derek that I love how we both have Corollas... pretty sweet! I am sure you'll pass the nursing boards with flying colors!!