Well, I feel like I always start my posts of this way. "Well..." and then I begin an explanation as to why I have not written in so long, or how crappy life is, or how great life is. After I wrote my last post, I decided to buck up and stop worrying. Well, I have done a good job so far. I told myself that I need to enjoy my time here with family because neither Derek nor I really know how long we will be here. It could be less than a month, it could be years, HECK, it could be forever. I just don't know. I have really been enjoying spending time with my mom, dad, siblings, and working out with them. We all have memberships to Lifetime Fitness and wow, working out does wonders for stress. I also am enjoying it because I get to take these group fitness classes with my mom. And let me tell you something, they are NOT for wimps. Some of them aren't bad, but these two classes I have been taking "STRIKE" and "Hot Yoga" are CRAZY intense! Holy Cow, I woke up the next day after both of those the first couple times and I was so sore! Yikes! However, I think I've lost 2 or 3 pounds. So I'm like 2 or 3 pounds from my marriage weight! YEA!
Work is still fairly slow. I made "ok" money this week, once again, enough to pay for our car we bought and the insurance for our two cars...and that's it. Luckily, we don't have many more expenses on top of that. I have been studying more or less for the NCLEX. I just have to say that I am so burned out from studying that I just CANNOT focus. I can go for about an hour, MAYBE two and then I collapse. I have never been so horrible about getting up whenever something pops into my head that I need to do in attempt to keep from sitting down and studying. I just really hope that it doesn't come back to bite me because I worked SO hard in Nursing School.
As for Derek's internship, I won't get into that. Let's just say that there is a lot on that topic I could discuss, but I would rather wait until things pan out for us. Which will hopefully be within the next couple months.
Let's see...what else? I feel like my life is so boring. Derek and I don't have a ton going on, yet I feel like I am constantly busy. I'm either working, studying, cooking, cleaning, hanging with family, working out, doing laundry, or sleeping. I have been taking naps about every other day. It is SO nice. I think naps are another way I decompress. When I can sleep, I can leave the world.
I have been coaching basketball for the Sharon Springs ward and my ward kicked the other ward's butt. Yeah, that's right! Bring it! This Saturday is another day of basketball and I am pumped! WO WO!
Let me just close with this, I have a testimony of my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that there is a plan for Derek and I. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of my situation and that Christ knows exactly how I feel. Most of the time, I feel a peaceful and calm reassurance that everything will be fine. I just keep getting this feeling that says "Be patient. All in good time." I know I need to savor this time in my life, especially being so close to my family, without children, etc. (To my children: In case you ever read this, I am eagerly waiting until we have children). All I can say is that every time I pray for peace, I find it. So, I am trying to savor the moment and look forward to tomorrow. And if tomorrow sucks, then there is always the next day! hehe!
No comments:
Post a Comment