So Derek and I are still looking for jobs. Good news: I had 1 1/2 interviews this past Thursday (the 1/2 is a longer story that I don't feel like explaining), but the 1 interview went well and I'm hoping for good news this upcoming week. Derek just graduated this week! Congratulations honey! And I'm really excited for him! Now hopefully he can get a job too, or the other company he is working with will get its financing soon. We both feel calm and at peace about the situation and are very hopeful.
Let's see, the last time I even wrote was a month ago! Dang, I am so sorry. What's funny is that I get on like everyday and read other people's blogs. Sometimes I get frustrated when no one posts anything...what a hypocrite I am. haha.
So since I last blogged, Derek and I have been camping 2 times, we have 2 more camping trips planned within the next month, and we are loving it! I am still doing Yoga, although I had to take a break from it this week because my classes started this week and I did 2 clinicals at the hospital while still working with ExamOne.
At the end of March we went to our Ward's Sock Hop, it was so fun! Derek won an ice cream eating contest where you have to have one person feed you the bowl with their eyes closed while the other one has to eat it as fast as they can. Derek ate the entire bowl in 2 bites. Yeah...it was sick. He won $5 to Brusters. I won best costume and $3 to Brusters. We went their on a date like 2 weeks ago. It was WAY fun!
Derek schooling at the Ice Cream Eating Contest
Derek had mad Hula Hooping Skills. It stayed up for about 0.5 seconds. haha
YMCA!!!
The first time we went camping, Derek and I went together. Sadly, my camera was out of batteries and so we only got like 2 pictures. The second time we went, we went to the same spot with my siblings Joel and Laurel. Cheri had to work. We had the best time camping. Joel and Laurel did a great job backpacking and were able to keep up with Derek and I for the most part. In fact, Joel was pretty much a beast. Especially since he was carrying way more weight than me, probably about as much as Derek. And he did great! Laurel did well too, but she had mono not long ago and she also has asthma, so I think she was just not in the best shape for it. But they gave it their all and I'm very proud of them!
This should give you an idea of how small our 2 man backpack tent is.
Laurel thought the spork-knife was cool
Joel eating Oatmeal. AMAZING accomplishment
We woke up and all of our chocolate and granola bars were missing. We found them here, hidden by some animal in a hole. It was pretty funny
Sitting by the fire
On top of the waterfall
It was really bright outside
The cute backpackers
Siblings and friends forever!
It was FREEZING!!!
This should give you an idea of how big the waterfall was. Derek and Joel are at least 30 yards from the waterfall. You can see Joel's arms are lifted high because it was SO cold!
I gave a talk in church last Sunday on Our Savior's Love. I cried like 4 different times, but I got a lot of compliments on my talk which made me feel good. It is so nice to know when what you say touches someone else.
As for my clinicals, I lost my first patient on Monday. I cannot disclose the situation, but I will just say that a child died in surgery, I witnessed the entire thing. It was very...shocking. I did fine until after the adrenaline wore off, then I cried. It was so hard to lose that little 1 year old child. But, since this child came from a home of abuse and that's why this child was in the hospital in the first place, I know the baby is in a better place now. I just feel badly that other people do not have the gospel in their lives and do not understand that the plan of happiness and that we will live with our families and children again. If you are interested in learning more, just let me know.
I also found out that my nursing instructor died while trying to tell nursing students to stay away from a cliff. She fell to her death while trying to protect others. Oh, and she was also in Tonga on a mission trip type of thing. Yeah, she is in a better place too. All of this death has reminded me that life is fragile, and that I need to enjoy it here and now, not later. Because you never know if your friends will be here to enjoy it with you, nor if you will be here either. So tell your family and friends you love them :)
What else, I know a ton more has gone on, I just forget to write about it. Oh, I have been sewing with my mom a lot. I need to put some pictures up here of the stuff I have made. Oh! The skirt that I wore to the sock hop I made! Isn't it lovely? haha. I made more complicated things, no worries.
Other than that, I have just been enjoying spending time with my family because I honestly have no idea where we will be in two months you know? We could be literally anywhere. So I'm going to enjoy the time that I have.
Below is a picture of the Hodges. Derek and I went out to dinner with them while the boys were in town from school on Spring Break.
4 comments:
Hey girl, it is so good to hear about your life! haha I totally know what you mean about the blog thing. I love reading other people's blogs but I am pretty bad about writing myself ;) Good luck with the job hunting, I hope that one interview proves to be successful! :) I lost my first patient during clinicals last semester too and I cried. It is a hard thing to deal with, I am so glad we have the plan of salvation too, it gives me comfort. It definitely has during this difficult time with Sis. Lee.
Anyways I just wanted to say hi and tell ya I enjoyed your post today :)
~Rach
I am the exact same way...I get so mad when people don't update and then I never do it either! I have been meaning to update mine with pictures of our house and well as you can see it has not been done yet! Maybe today but who knows!
You know for being "jobless", you two sure work a lot. Nice post. Fun stuff.
It looks like you are having fun! I'm glad the backpacking trips went well. I hope to go camping sometime, but it probably won't be until after the baby is born in June. I hope you get a job soon!
Post a Comment