Sunday, March 28, 2010

HUGE update

I am so sorry that it has been so long since I have updated. Life has just been kind of crazy. I have also been spending a lot of time journaling with paper and pen. You see, since about October of last year, I have been dealing with a LOT of anxiety and therefore boughs of depression. I have been struggling with obsessing over the negative and not looking on the positive side of life. So, in order to help myself see the blessings that I have been receiving from the Lord, I made a "Gratitude Journal" and in it I write everyday (or as often as I can) about the different things I am grateful for or blessed with that day.

Life has been crazy. It's kind of funny. Even though I don't have a nursing job and am not technically working full time, I have different activities scheduled and going on every day. My schedule usually goes like this: I go to work in the mornings, get home before noon, and then depending on the day I either go to my parents' home or stay here at my in-laws. Lately, when I go to my parent's house, my mom has been teaching me how to sew. So far I have made an apron, two skirts, and a dress. I just finished my dress and I absolutely love it! It's a pretty white with splotches or speckles of different shades of green and black. It's a very lovely spring dress. I will have to take a picture in it and post it up here. I have also been trying to scrap book every now and then.

I made the horrible choice of starting to watch the 24 seasons....ay ay ay. It has been like just a couple months since I started watching it, but I have already watched 2 1/2 seasons and am keeping up with Season 8. Oh dear! I am sure I have wasted countless hours watching it...but you know what? I cannot remember the last time that I have ever even watched TV like this. My whole life I have been so busy that I have never really taken the time to relax. And since I am going back to school April 20, I am going to enjoy this time relaxing.

I have also been working out a ton. I started going to Hip Hop and Latin dancing class with my mom, but then I started taking Yoga. Oh my goodness! This Yoga is not like what you would expect. Firstly, it's "Hot Yoga" so I actually take the class in this room that starts out at 90 degrees and gets up to 105 or more degrees. Then, we either do the "Hot Flow" or "The 26 Poses." Well, they made the "Hot Flow" a paid class, so now I just do the 26 poses. But that's ok. It's still a major challenge I LOVE YOGA! I go to hot yoga about 1-2 times per week. And I have already noticed a HUGE difference in my strength, balance, and flexibility. I used to have a hard time touching my toes. I can now stand and put my hands almost completely underneath my feet! It's incredible! I would really love to get certified and teach it one day just to keep up on my fitness. I also find that I have been stressing less and more positive. YEA! I have also been taking other classes like kickboxing, and Yoga-Pilates fitness. I am also still taking Latin Dancing when I can. Sometimes, when Derek and I want to spend some extra time together, we work out together. And boy, does Derek give me a run for my money. The last time I worked out with him, I was sore for 3 days! ouch!

Derek and I also got callings in our ward. Derek is in the cub scouts and I am the Achievement day leader. They are both great callings and we are thoroughly enjoying them. I love the girls that I teach/lead. They are good girls with sweet spirits.

We have also been slowly buying backpacking gear. We definitely don't have much money, but we really enjoy camping and got a taste of backpacking last summer. So, we have been searching on craigslist and online for deals on backpacking. So far we have gotten a new Simmerlite MSR stove, cookware, and a North Face Tadpole 23 tent. We still need to get a Mummy sleeping bag for me, hammocks, and actual backpacking backpacks, but we have enough now to actually go camping. So, next Tuesday we are going backpacking for our first time together! We are SO stoked! Then, not even two weeks later we are going to take Joel, Laurel, and Cheri if she can go, backpacking. It's going to be quite the adventure! I will definitely take pictures and post them after that. We are also trying to get Derek's parents to go camping with us, but that has been a little bit of a battle. Derek's mom has a lot of anxiety about camping, but she has agreed to try car camping with us in May. So stay tuned to see how that goes! haha

Joel and Laurel were in a school play this past weekend. Their school put on "Mulan." Laurel was a village person/soldier. Joel was the Captain of the Huns, named Shan-Yu. Laurel did great of course, but it wasn't always easy to see her. Joel was amazing! He had this little creepy/funny walk and his voice was hilarious. He did such a good job. It was so funny though because he is so quiet at home, but on the stage he is such a ham! I love it. He's pretty cute. I was so proud of both of them!

Oh, last thing before I go, I got a call from Northeast Georgia Medical Center and I have an interview with them on April 22nd! I am SO EXCITED! FINALLY! An interview! Yea!! It's 3 weeks away, but still, SO EXCITING! I will let you know what happens as soon as it's over. EEK!

Well, I must be off. LATER!!

1 comment:

Laura Anderson said...

I'm glad our backpacking trip inspired you! :) Backpacking sounds really fun, but I'm not sure when we'll be going again. Being 6 1/2 months pregnant I'm not sure I can carry a whole lot and then after the baby is born life will be crazy, but maybe I can have my mother-in-law watch the baby for a night after she's a few months old. We will for sure do roadside camping though. Bobby's already thinking about what we'll need to take the baby camping. lol.