It's 4:16am and I can't sleep because I'm used to working from 7pm -7 am. So I thought I'd give an update....
Well, Derek has a new job. Yup, the Lord must have some crazy plan for us because every time we look back over the last year, we can see how Heavenly Father has guided us. For instance, in November of last year, Derek and I could not tell you where we would be living because Derek did not have an internship. But at the last second, Derek got an internship (although he had to work for free) with a company called Freedom Renewable Energy. After that was over, I got a job working for Dekalb Medical, and one of my dad's friends knew a guy who he thought lived near where I was working, who in turn hired Derek for construction management. Well, life was simply splendid and dandy, and out of the blue came a job interview for a company that is into renewable energy with solar panels and other renewable energy stuff...because Derek had that internship, he got the job. If Derek had not had that internship, he would not have gotten that job. On top of that, the job is a significant raise, and it has good benefits! More importantly, the company is relatively new, is owned by Koreans, and is in many other countries doing very well. So Derek and I are excited because there is a LOT of potential for Derek and room to work his way up! I am just baffled by how the Lord has blessed us. I like to think it's all because of my sweet husband who constantly speaks of obedience to and faith in the Lord. He always pays his tithe and fast offerings, and NEVER murmurs. I truly married an amazing man and I am so grateful for him. I am confident that Derek and I where we need to be, and doing what we need to be doing.
As for me, this is my 2nd week of work on my own, and I feel so accomplished! I really have done well (I hope) and am enjoying the learning opportunities. I am considered a part of the emergency team and get to go around the hospital when there are Cardiac arrests and other codes. It's so fun! I just can't wait for further opportunities and excitement!
Other than that, school started on Thursday, so I am once again cracking the books...ay ay ay. This is my last semester though, for me to finish my Bachelor degree and BOY! am I pumped! I am so done with school. I have been going to school practically year-round since 9th grade and I'm honestly sick of it. I am ready to move on to all the "boring adult stuff." I want to stop moving every 3-9 months, buy a house, make life-long, long-term friends, have children, and create an eternal family. I am ready and look forward to being a stay-at-home mother, that serves my community and scrapbooks, plays the piano, quilts, exercises for fun, and enjoys having a good time. *sigh* that would be awesome. Although I'm so blessed to have almost all of that now...minus the house...and the kids...and we're going to move again in about a year...BUT I have an amazing husband who has a great job, I'm making friends, and I'm near family...and to me, nothing else matters.
*Sigh* Life. Is good.
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys are doing fantastic!!! That makes me happy :) Although, I couldn't be an emergency nurse and call it fun... I'm a chicken haha.
Gina, I totally understand not being able to sleep at night anymore! It kinda stinks! Love hearing about your life and I know you are an awesome ER nurse. That takes guts my friend! You rock! That's nice they given you a long orientation period-I got three weeks! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment