Saturday, April 13, 2013

Baby's Gender, Tough Mudder, School,

 Life is still crazy busy, but I really want to continue updating
my blog and not fall so far behind. I also find that it is
semi-therapeutic for me to be able to write/type out my various
feelings etc. I doubt there are many people that even read my blog, so
I'm not really nervous about the entire world hearing my inner-most
secrets...I'm pretty much an open book as it is...unless I hold
something sacred. Then no one really gets to hear it except my husband
and a few others if I feel prompted.

    Let's see...I'm 3 weeks away from the end of the semester and the
stress has really hit me. I'm doing 30 hours of clinical a week on top
of my school work in order to take away 50 clinical hours from next
semester. I would rather do more clinical hours now than next semester
when I'm 7-8 months pregnant! YIKES! I have to admit, I'm starting to
feel the burn out coming....so ready to be done! only 4 months left!

    My pregnancy is going better. I'm starting to not feel as
nauseated...although I'm always exhausted. I go to bed about 9:00pm
every night and still feel like I didn't get enough sleep. I am 15
weeks along and DYING to know the gender of the baby. I'm hoping to
find someone in the hospital to tell me what I'm having soon. If not,
I won't know until the middle of May! I don't know if I can wait that
long.

PS...I wrote this like...a week ago. I did get an ultrasound done the following day and was told it was 95% likely to be a girl. It's just early, so a penis COULD develop...but the OB resident was pretty confident. 

    Derek is doing great. This weekend he ran tough mudder, which is
an 11 mile obstacle course filled with physically tasking obstacles
and the track you run is almost entirely mud (to make it even more
challenging). EVERYONE had a difficult time, but Derek's team made
great time! I think they completed it in 2 hours 45 minutes...which if
you include time waiting in line to do the obstacles, doing the
obstacles, etc. that's pretty good! It's not like just running 11
straight miles. Derek was on cloud nine the entire time. Although he
was exhausted afterwards, he was smiling from ear to ear and COVERED
in mud. I did not race. I was the spectator who took all the pictures
and videos of them. It was SO FUN!! My friend Sarah and I said that we
are going to run it together next year! WAHOO!!

PS I will try to upload some photos soon. 

    Marquette is doing well. He is teething right now, so he has been
pretty fussy...well...for Marquette standards. Everyone else always
tells me how perfect/cute/mild-mannered my child is. And he really is.
He is very independent though. If he's going to eat or drink, he has
to feed himself. He LOVES the outdoors and is constantly trying to get
out of the house. And when he does get out, he high-tails it out onto
the street as fast as possible...talk about SCARY!! He still doesn't
really talk a lot, but he sure jabbers away constantly. And he lets
you know when he does or does not want something, that's for sure.

    We also really enjoyed General Conference this weekend and were
uplifted by listening to all the wonderful leaders of the church. We
did miss 2 sessions due to Derek running tough mudder, so we need to
watch those, but I really enjoyed what I did hear. I'm so grateful for
the gospel in my life and for the power of the atonement that I am
able to use every day if I choose. I am horribly imperfect, but I try
to be a little better every day.

No comments: