Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Family Update

June 4, 2013
Well, I am actually sitting here at clinical and we don’t have any trauma patients in the bay and we have rounded on all our patients, so I actually have a little time on my hands. Considering it has been so long since I have updated, I thought it would be beneficial for me to blog a little. Nothing extremely special has happened except I had the ultrasound at 20 weeks to confirm that we are indeed having a baby GIRL. I am really excited. No name yet, we cannot seem to really connect with any names yet. We have one, but we don’t want to reveal it until we are sure. We also went camping over Memorial Day weekend with some of our good friends. I will have to post some pictures of that when I can. We camped for 4 days and 3 nights. It was truly a blast, but very relaxing. So wonderful. Other than that, our life has revolved around Derek’s work, my school, and our sweet little boy!
Marquette: Just turned 18 months May 12, 2013, and was able to go to nursery for the first time! The best part: he loves it! The first day I brought him in he immediately went to play with the toys and was like “mama who?” So, I just happily left him and he has been fine since. He now gets tended by my good friend Sherree’s daughter Mylee. He has become the little son/brother they never had. He is COMPLETELY spoiled there. They have a pool which he gets to swim in every day, he gets one on one (or multiple people with him) attention a day. He still cries most days when I leave and pick him up, but they say he stops almost immediately after I leave and is a happy camper during the days.
He is the sweetest little boy ever! He is constantly on the go, except sometimes at night when I get home he just wants to snuggle with his mommy (which I eat up). He is starting to really talk and express himself. So far he can say: Hi, hey, Mommy, Daddy, Doggie, Apple, Ball, Bye bye, choo choo, juice, shoe, bite, Mylee (My-ee), Jaycee (say-see), Doug, Cort, No (he’s really good at that one)” I know there are more but I can’t think of anyone right now. He is learning to say prayer and will fold his arms when told. After we say "Amen" he starts clapping his hands and saying "Yea!" If you ask him for a kiss he will always pucker up and gladly give you one. Especially his mommy. He is a mama's boy. He is my little man, heart, and everything. I melt when I see him and miss him to pieces when I’m away. I’m honestly wondering how I am going to love another baby as much as I love him, but everyone reassures me that it will be natural. Anyway, he’s my Mister Bright Eyes.
Derek: Crazy busy. Currently he works crazy hours, is in the Young Men/Scouting program at church, is involved with two different softball teams (which play two games each per week), and trying to help me with school and being a daddy. He even manages to serve others while he’s at it. Crazy. I have to admit that I’ll be SO excited when softball gets over in a little over a week. Derek is still his fun-loving, outgoing self. We are always playing games or hanging out with friends. The kids are always so excited to see him because they know he will play/wrestle/tease them. We tend to be a work-hard, play-hard family. But we love it that way and don’t plan on changing!

Me: Limping along for my last 2 months of school. In some ways I cannot believe I have less than 2 months left, and in other ways I am DYING to be done and the time will never get here fast enough. My pregnancy definitely makes things harder and I have really been feeling the burn and fatigue the past few weeks. Which is really bad, considering I have two crazy weeks of clinical coming up…The funny thing though, I was so stressed about keeping my grades up while being pregnant, yet I got all A’s last semester and the previous semester I had 3 B’s and 2 A’s. Funny how that works. I really cannot complain about this pregnancy though. My nausea went away at 17 weeks and has rarely been back since. I am still a teacher in the Relief Society and somehow manage to maintain a social life as well. Derek and I have something planned like EVERY weekend. In fact, we have something going on every weekend into July already. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. But August 4 (my graduation date) will be here before I know it. I am also hoping to hear back from someone with a possible job opportunity that would seriously be AWESOME. So, we’ll see about that. Finger’s crossed!

No comments: