Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A brief sum up!





   Just so that my blog isn't completely plain for the first month or so I thought I would put up a couple of my recent journal entries to give it some pep. I have been pushed by many of my friends to create one so that my family and friends can see what is going on in my life. So...here it goes...

MY WEDDING DAY

The reception was amazing. It was the absolute most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I owe everything to my mother. She is my hero. Right before the reception started we took a ton of pictures and the entire time Derek was making cute faces and noises to get me to smile. I really enjoyed taking pictures because I felt like in a way I got to know Derek’s family better through it. I know that sounds weird but I felt like it drew us closer. Our families stood in the reception for about an hour and a half until my feet and smile couldn’t take it anymore. Luckily, Dave was nice enough to us that he went and got Derek and I food since we were starving. At around 7:45 I was anxious to start the dance but the weather was threatening to rain and so we were very hesitant. It had been predicted that it would rain all day and until that point it had been sunny. Now, however, we were afraid that the dance would not come. At about 8:00pm we decided to risk it long enough for me to get my “bride-groom” and “daddy-daughter” dance in. When I danced with Derek at the very end of the song he dipped me and laid a huge kiss on me. I was really embarrassed. Then when Daddy and I danced, at the end of our song dad dipped me like Derek did (although he didn’t kiss me) kinda to tease. It was really funny. Derek also danced with his mom during that dance which was nice. After that everyone started dancing and before I knew it the entire dance floor was packed! The best part though was dancing with my brother and sister and with Derek. Derek was hilarious. He was going crazy on the dance floor. He was making everyone just laugh their guts out with his extremely funny (sometimes provocative) dance moves. He was so cute and handsome I know I was just beaming being by his side. The dance was my absolute favorite part of the reception because both Derek and I and everyone else enjoyed themselves.

            I spoke with mom on the phone yesterday (May 2nd) and she told me that everyone has been telling her how beautiful both I and the reception looked. She said many people thanked her profusely for inviting them and that it was the most fun wedding reception they had ever been to! Which is everything I could have ever dreamed and more.

            The day was incredible, absolutely amazing and everything I have ever dreamed of and more. I feel so indebted to my mother because she did all the work to make it happen and it was truly the best day of my life!!

No comments: