Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fun times

















CAMPING IN MONTANA

May 29, 2008

This last weekend was a blast. Derek and I went to Montana to our good friends Nate and Rachel’s family’s ranch. We did a ton of really fun things. We went gofer hunting, I only hit like one gofer probably not even that, but Derek killed a ton. You have to shoot them before they scurry back down into their holes. We also rode four wheelers all over the mountains and got to use them to herd two bulls back into their pen. They were really aggressive and would literally plow over our four wheelers if they decided they were going to get by. We rode horses which was incredibly fun. Derek was actually really good at controlling the horses and riding, much better than I expected, although one almost started to buck him off. We also made smores and sat by a campfire. We went skeet shooting which was WAY fun because I actually hit a couple flying through the air. I also hit one on my first shot that was sitting on a bush that no one thought I would ever hit with Derek's 9mm, but...I did. We played quite a few games of Rook which was pretty fun although Derek got really competitive and wouldn’t let the girls say we had won because we were only at 495 points not 500. Anyway, it was an incredible weekend. I would do it again in a heartbeat, which hopefully, we will.  

SPENDING TIME WITH JENNIFER AND DAVE

May 21, 2008

            Today Derek and I helped Jennifer and Dave move. I was glad that we could help them although it in NO way repays them for all they have done for us. They are so good to us it’s beyond words. I have really grown to love them as my family. James is the sweetest little boy and has a very special place in my heart. I am just glad we were able to spend some time with them before they moved. I will miss them greatly. 


No comments: