



June 4, 2008
This last weekend Derek and I decided to go camping because we didn’t get a chance to the weekend before. We went camping at Hope Campground in Provo Canyon. It was very pretty. The part I liked the best was just being able to spend time with him alone and enjoy each other’s company. We had a blast setting up camp together and are very pleased with our new tent and camping equipment that we bought on our own. Our camping gear is kind of the first major things we spent money on. I’m glad we spent it on something that we enjoy doing. I think one of the funniest parts was when our neighbors pulled up in the campsite next to us. They were a BYU newlywed couple that was not even remotely prepared to go camping. Their tent looked like it would collapse if someone blew on it and they only had on light sweatshirts. It was funny because when they first got there they asked the campground ranger guy how much it cost for two nights and they were gone before we even got out of bed. Haha. We also met our neighbors in the campsite behind us. It was occupied by a young boy and very sweet woman who’s husband had Multiple Sclerosis and his wheelchair was too big to sit on any flat surface of the campground so he had to stay in the car the entire time. They had trouble starting their fire so Derek and I went up there to help them. Derek completely rebuilt and lit their fire. It made me very happy to be his wife.
I really enjoyed packing all the food and fixing it while we were there. I guess it’s my way of showing him that I love him. Other than that we just sat by the fire and talked until we were tired and I was too cold to stay outside anymore so we went to bed.
The next morning we packed up camp and went to the Temple. I love going to the temple. I love the peace and happiness it brings to my life. On Sunday both Derek and I bore our testimonies. His was sweet, firm, and sincere. I was sustained to my calling as a sunbeam teacher and started that on Sunday. The class is definitely a handful but I already love them and am thankful for the opportunity to serve them.
Other than that Derek is enjoying his internship for Layton Construction Company and I am getting very eager to be out of school. I am still looking for a job but hope to secure one soon. Despite some minor trials in our lives (such as our car (which was on loan from my Aunt Leslie) being totaled by a deer that decided to run out in front of Derek on his way to work) we have been very blessed and are very excited for what the future holds.
2 comments:
Hi Gina! I really enjoyed reading your blog and all the fun pictures. I am so glad you are a sunbeam teacher. It makes such a big difference to the kids to have a wonderful teacher. Isaac loves his sunbeam teacher so much. When we went to the Suwanee ward, he wanted to know if Sis. Hooson was going to be there.
Gina! Your blog is so cute! I love it! Our blog is naterandrach.blogspot.com
Post a Comment