Sunday, June 15, 2008

Trials, Tests, and Learning Experiences






    Life is very funny sometimes. I have finally begun to understand that life NEVER goes how you plan it. Firstly, I fell in love, transfered from the school of my dreams (although I'm attending it right now which has been extremely fun and nice), and got married at 19. Secondly, I thought Derek and I would get married, work (and go to school for me), and save lots of money for the upcoming school year. Well, Derek and I got married, and he started working. But it took me nearly 7 weeks to find a job. The week before I got my job, Derek was hit by a deer and totaled my aunts car. Awesome. The DAY I got my job Derek got into another car accident and we have basically lost that car too. So in the course of one week we lost both cars. Luckily, I am working at the restaurant, Mimi's Cafe, and loving it a lot. I have yet to find out if I will make enough money since I'm not quite done with training yet. SOOOooooo.... after a lot of praying, contemplating, and a couple of what I would call "crucial conversations," we bought a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer. Derek is infatuated with it. I like it. All I have to say is that if it were not for my father (parents) we would not have this car. And if it weren't for Derek's parents, we would SO not be insured. Derek and I have been truly blessed. Our parents love us, our family loves us, our friends love us, and we love each other. I am so grateful for all those who have helped us. 
         OH! I also found out that I have been accepted into the nursing program and am way pumped about that. I will start in the fall and by next December I will be a registered nurse!! EEK!! And about 3-4 years after that I will be a registered nurse! EEK! I am finally seeing my education come along and that is very rewarding to me. 
       Derek is enjoying his work, he might get moved to a new crew and will be building more complex things (as far as I understand). He loves what he does, the only down side is that he gets up at 4:30am every morning. 
      All in all, life is great. I am learning to be grateful for my trials and gaining experience. I am just afraid they will take years of my life. haha... nevertheless, Derek and I love each other and are very happy about the decision we made to share our lives together. We love growing closer to the Lord and to each other every single day. 

3 comments:

Robinson Duo said...

You have definately had an adventuresome start to your married life. All I can say is, the trials will keep coming, but thankfully the blessings keep coming as well.

Rachel Burt said...

Congrats on getting into the nursing program!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see you this fall!!

Jaclyn said...

Your new car looks great!! I'm so glad you got into the nursing program, Gina!! :)