




My family came to Utah which was WAY fun. We did a lot of fun things like visit friends, watch movies, eat out, and spend time with some of our other family members. I think the funnest thing we did was go to Seven Peaks and play on all the water rides together. That was a blast and I felt like I got to spend some quality time with my siblings. It was really good to have them there and was hard on me when they left.
Although Derek and I are beyond poor, we decided to make a trek out to my Durfee Family reunion. It was a ton of fun. Dad, Derek, and Joel went golfing with a bunch of other people twice which gave me the opportunity to socialize with my cousins. It's so weird to see all of my cousins that I grew up with having kids and the last of us getting married. It's definitely an exciting time though. Michael took Derek and I fourwheeling which was totally awesome. I got a little nervous a couple of times because the hills were EXTREMELY steep. I think Derek had a good time with Valerie's husband, Adam, and playing around with my younger cousin Mason. Derek and I had a very personal talk with Joel that filled my heart with love. I never realized how grown up Joel has become until then. I really enjoyed spending time with all of my family. Laurel is getting so big it's ridiculous.
Cheri came back with us after the reunion and I was able to spend a week with her. I feel like it flew by way too quickly though and now am missing her just like before. It was nice to get to hear about all of her recent teenage stories. She is an amazing young woman and cannot wait to see what the future has in store for her. I only wish I could be there for all of her dates and dance recitals. I feel like I'm semi-missing out...
Today I realized how much I truly miss GA. I miss all of my friends. I miss my best friends from high school, my roomies from college, and the Burts from Rexburg. Luckily, Derek and I will be moving back to Rexburg in a month so we can see the Burts, and we'll be back in GA in a year and a half. I'm just trying to focus on the positive.
1 comment:
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun with the family! I'm so glad you were able to see them. Can't wait to see you in a little over a month!
Post a Comment