Friday, August 8, 2008

Mom Shumway is in town!










Derek and I had a blast when his mom came into town. We did so much stuff it was ridiculous. I wish I were better at making sure I take pictures because we had some great opportunities. We went out to eat (and boy did we), we played 7 games of monopoly, and mom and I went SHOPPING!! I got some of the cutest clothes ever which was great. She bought us a really cute plant that I call Derek's and my "love fern" (watch "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days"). We ate treats, we went to and attended a session at the Salt Lake Temple. We also went put putting which was so much fun. Derek totally kicked our butts though which was annoying. He also won four of the seven games we played...I started to get REALLY annoyed that I was losing so much...*sigh*. I don't think I have ever gotten so upset for losing like I did then. Then again, I don't think I've ever lost that many times. We watched movies and talked a lot. I know it meant a lot to Derek to have her here. It did to me too, but Derek was really excited. The only thing that was missing was Dad. He had to stay home and I know there were many things he would have had fun doing with us. Like maybe kicking Derek's butt at games. haha...We had a great time and I can't wait to see them again at Christmas!!

1 comment:

Shum said...

The pictures are beautiful, Gina!

I had such a grand time! Just wish Dad had been there. I guess we will have to make up for it this Christmas.