Thursday, October 23, 2008

Good Day

Nothing really has been going on. I just feel like I should write and tell my family (both Hiatt and Shumway) that I love them and miss them tons. I just have been really grateful for family lately. School is stressful but I am beginning to learn that grades aren't EVERYTHING (just most everything so I can keep my scholarship) and that family and spiritual education is most important. I just have had some really great days. After I finished studying I was able to sit and relax with Derek tonight and it was just really nice to be with him and enjoy the moment. I think I need to do that more often. 

I also feel inclined to thank my Heavenly Father for all the blessings that I forget to thank him for. Derek and I have been blessed more than we deserve. I'm so grateful for the gospel and the healing power that it has in my life. I just felt prompted to share my gratitude and love for all my friends, family, and especially my love Derek.  

2 comments:

Hiatt Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hiatt Family said...

Very nice reflection. Unfortunately, those moments of gratitude are not remembered often enough by me either! You are correct to find peace and comfort in the moments of life. All is well here, even when rowing into the storm. By the way, your Mom is still really hot!!