Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A major stress...and a MAJOR relief...

 You'll have to read my journal entry from this Sunday to understand what exactly I mean so here it is:         
 
  "Life is going fairly well. You know what’s funny? It always seems like whenever life seems to be going good and you finally feel like you have gotten every little aspect of your life straightened out and just when you think to yourself “Dang, I have life good.” Something always happens. In my eyes, I just am thankful it wasn’t a car accident. I went to the plasma center on Wednesday to give plasma because you get paid to do it and that’s how I wanted Derek and I to pay for our trip to California for Thanksgiving to see his grandparents and aunts. Well, to make a long story short I wasn’t able to donate because my pulse was too high. At first I just thought it was fast because of my extreme anxiety. However, I began to monitor my heartbeat over the next day and realized it was pretty fast (around the 85-95 range, which is WAY high for me). So, being the ultra OCD tendency person that I am, I called the Doctor, made an appointment, and the first thing the Doctor said when he walked into the room and really looked at me was “Do you have thyroid problems?” Of course, I’m like “uhhh…noo…that’s not even why I came here today.” So I told him about my condition, my speculations as to why it is high (car accident 1 ½ months ago, stress, birth control). He decided for me to have an EKG done as well as a thyroid test. The EKG came out great, I guess my heart is really healthy and so the high blood pressure hasn’t taken a toll or anything, but I won’t find out about the thyroid test until this upcoming Tuesday. It  makes me nervous but I’m trying not to stress, because really that could be what is making my blood pressure high. I kinda doubt it, I really feel like there is some other underlying factor, but we’ll see.
            Other than that school is going fairly well, I finally feel like I’m getting a hang of things. Clinicals aren’t as bad as they used to be, plus I only have like 5 more. I’m halfway through already! (with this semester at least).
            Derek’s a little annoyed with his work, they are pretty flakey about paying him on time, but oh well, at least it’s a job. He still spends most of his time with Nader helping him with his house but I don’t mind it because I get to spend a lot of time with them now too!
            Friday, Derek and I went and saw Traitor, it was an okay movie. Derek liked it. Saturday, I spent a good bit of the day with Rachel while the boys worked on the house. We watched Supernatural and I scrap booked. It was pretty therapeutic. Then we went and say “The Dark Knight” for the stinkin 3rd time. Ugh, Derek loves that movie. I like it but I’m kind of a one time person for seeing it in the theaters. I just wait until it comes out on DVD. But oh well, it was only like 6 bucks for the both of us.
            Anyways, that is pretty much all that is going on. I cleaned the house today, yippee. I guess I’ll just keep you posted on whether or not I have hyperthyroidism. I hope not…eek…."
 
 

 
SO, I went to the Doctor today and found out that I'm totally healthy. In fact, once my Doctor checked out all my lab tests he was like "You're healthy. You have nothing to worry about." I kinda felt like he was thinking "You must be a WAY paranoid person because no one comes in when they are as healthy as you." Kinda like I'm an idiot for thinking there was something wrong. Oh well, I feel a lot better knowing that I am perfectly healthy. I guess my pulse just reflects my state of mind and stress levels. The Doctor basically said my body is very reactive to anything I subconsciously tell it. Oh well, at least now I know I can go work out and lower my pulse that way. I'm really happy right now.
    Sorry I don't have any new pictures, but Derek said we could go to a haunted house this week and I'll try to take pictures then. You'll just love his new beard...I sure do (note the sarcasm).

1 comment:

Laura Anderson said...

I'm glad everything's ok! It was really fun catching up with you Sunday. Right after you left Bobby said, "Your cousin talks a lot!" That made me laugh. I just told him, yep, that's Gina! We'll have to do something again.