So Derek wears steel-toed boots to work everyday to protect his feet, well, everyday except last monday. And what should happen? Derek has a huge 3/4'' OSB fall directly onto his toe. It bled like crazy and started to get infected. It was looking pretty disgusting. By thursday Derek was messing with it and realized over half the toenail is detached from his nail bed. Yesterday, Derek decided he couldn't take the pain anymore and decided it was time to play operation. And it was exactly as Derek thought, part of his toe had smashed back into his toe and was infecting it. I didn't watch most of the procedure. Sad I know, because I'm becoming a nurse...but I just can't watch Derek hurt or bleed. I can watch a stranger's open heart surgery or total knee replacement, but I can't look at Derek's toe. Well, Derek made me anyway and I grew immune. So I helped him wrap it and played nurse. It's pretty dang gross though.
The big gaping hole in Derek's toe. It's gross.
TA DA!!!
Later last night we went to the Burts' house and played a new game that was way too expensive called "Settlers of Catan." However, although it's pricey it's EXTREMELY fun. So we played that. Guess who won?!!! I DID!!!! WAAAHOOO!! I beat Derek for like the 3rd time in my life! Yeeehaa!! Anyways, it was way fun. This next week should be really fun to with Halloween coming up! It's going to be really busy though because we have promised to do some service and then attend the temple at least twice and do at least 2 sessions in one of those visits (we're making up for times we missed). SO, it's gonna be busy...this week I also have a really intense test on Thursday...I hope I do well. Anyways, here are some pictures from game night!!
Me kickin' Derek's booty
Derek and I chillin' on the Burts' couch
1 comment:
Glad you found my blog. Looks like you guys are having a great time (minus the toe surgery). We've played that game before and also loved it.
Post a Comment