Saturday, April 25, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Derek and I have pretty much been spending the entire weekend celebrating our Anniversary. Although we spent a little more money than we wanted, it has definitely been a good weekend (and it isn't over yet! Since technically tomorrow is our Anniversary).

Friday night we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then went and saw "Fighting" afterward (Thanks Aunt Leslie for the movie gift cards!!). The movie was pretty good. Derek and I both really liked the intensity of the fight scenes. It was definitely entertaining.

Today I had to do some homework, but by 2pm I was exhausted and decided to take a nap. A little after 4pm I woke up to Derek kissing me and telling me that our friends Nate and Rachel were there and he was wanting to know if I was going to get up soon. I guess they had gone to Walmart and back while I slept. I jumped out of bed to get dressed and ready (we had been planning on going shooting with them this afternoon and I hadn't planned to sleep that long). I found the cutest note in the bathroom from Derek saying that they had left for Walmart and that he loved me and he didn't want to wake me. It was sweet. After I hurried and got ready, we left to go shooting. It was really fun! We did a little target and skeet shooting. I was actually surpised how well I did! I even hit the bullseye a couple times as well as some of the clay pigeons. Derek said it's pretty cute to watch me shoot the Shot Gun since the barrel is about as big as my arm. He says it's so big that every time I lift it he just waits for me to topple over forward. I wish I had taken pictures but due to my poor communication, Derek didn't know that my around-the-bush way of asking him to get the camera was me asking him to get the camera. hahah. Oh well. OH! Derek also shot a Marmot (spell check. It looks like a mix of a squirrel and gopher) in the head from a LONG ways away with his hand gun. It was a pretty awesome shot. He was pretty proud of himself. Thanks to Nate and Rachel for supplying us most of the guns and ammo! We had a GREAT time!! Later, we bought pizza and played Rook. That was fun because the boys won one and the girls won one. It was fun!

I just want to take a second and just let my husband know how much I love him. He is such a sweet man and very sensitive and aware of my needs. He is always trying to be the best person he can be. He is such a good example to others and makes friends easily. He has a gift for laughter and making others laugh. He is my best friend. He is a man of God and never forgets him even when times get tough or he gets stressed. He is so handsome and still gives me butterflies. I know that he is going to make the best father one day and I am excited to spend all eternity with him. I love you Derek. I love you forever.

2 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Glad you had a great weekend celebrating your anniversary even if the next couple of days were rough! Sounds like life.

Alyssa said...

Oh man, I'm sorry! It seems like everything bad happens all at once sometimes. Just enjoy this time as a young married college couple. It is very hard, but your relationship grows so much because of it.