Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Friends, fun, and CAMPING!

Well, besides the fact that it looks as though Derek and I are going to have to pay the ENTIRE doctor bill for when he got sick (which includes the chest X-ray, injections, 6 different labs etc.), life is GREAT! We'll be unable to pay to feed ourselves, but I guess we'll just continue to live on love!

Derek and I did get the chance to go out with two of our best couple friends over the last month and it was a BLAST! First, we went out with Mindy and John Wulford to Red Robins and then saw Wolverine (this was a treat from my wonderful parents). We had such a good time. They are such a fun couple! Mindy is becoming one of my dear friends and John is in like every one of Derek's classes so they are pretty close too. hehe.


The next weekend we went out with Jeff and Lindsey! They are WAY fun and funny. I love their cute personalities. It's also nice because we have a semi-similar taste in movies. We went and saw Star Trek together which was way fun. I really love the movie too! I thought it was very funny and cute.


This last weekend was Memorial Day weekend and Derek and I got 4 days off from school (including the weekend)!!! So we decided to go camping. It was so much fun. We had one of the absolute most beautiful spots EVER! I don't have all the really good pictures because our friend Austin who came with us had a better camera and took a lot of pictures...I'll have to get them from him. Anyway, it was so much fun. We went hiking, roasted smores, ate foil dinners, slept whenever we felt like it, read some, played card games, laughed, and the best part...we went rafting down the river! Derek has a little raft that I think is only meant for 2 people. Well, Derek, me, and Austin ALL went down in the little raft. It was so much fun although we took in a lot of water at one point and I thought we were going to capsize. hahaha! The water was FREEZING! Omgosh I started to hyperventilate. Not to mention that Derek and I dared each other to immerse ourselves in the water. AND WE DID IT!! Too bad I didn't get pictures of that...sadly, we didn't get any pictures rafting because we didn't want to risk the chance of ruining our cameras....oh well. Here are some pics!


Our Campsite!!
The view from our siteDerek building our fire

Cuddling up by the fire

Here we are on our hike. The best pictures Austin took when we were in a cave at the top of the mountain!!

Playing cards. I won, by the way. Although it was a really close game

CHEESE!!! Derek looks stoned, but the fire makes his eyes water. Poor guy... he was always trying to keep it nice and toasty for me.

So now we are back to reality...I'm supposed to be doing homework but I don't want to. Oh well, I need to get cracking!! Maybe if I get enough done Derek and I can watch a movie tonight...

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to go camping so much! If we lived in Idaho we could go together...