Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer Home Sickeness

So Derek and I have been having a great time the last couple of weeks with friends and camping and such....but you know what really stinks?

Going to school in the SUMMER!!

I kinda went to school for a little bit in the summer last summer, but never full time. It SUCKS! It's like the sun is shining brilliantly and I'm stuckin the stupid library studying for a final (or not studying for a final...apparently). So while Derek and I are stuck in school studying for tests, what is the rest of our family doing? Playing...end of story.

Jaclyn and Jeff are moving to TX on Sunday and so Derek's entire family is over at his parent's house playing games, going out to eat, yada yada. We don't even get to say goodbye to them! And now we won't get to see Jaclyn and Jeff in August. I'm really sad...but hopefully we will get to see them for Thanksgiving break. We just have to find cheap tickets...which chould be a problem...eekK!! However, we did get to talk to most of them on Skype last night which was really nice. I really miss Derek's family a lot. They are tons of fun....

As for my family, the kids are out for the summer and playing like no other. Laurel is at the Scotts for the week (since Mom and Dad are out of the country), Joel has been hanging out with different friends, and Cheri gets the entire house to herself and I'm sure she is loving that. Oh yeah, and my parents are in PERU! Getting to visit Machu Pichu (spell check). Were it is spanish galore... I haven't spoken Spanish in FOREVER! I would love to go there and translate. Erg...

But mostly it's not that I am covetous of what they are doing, I more just wish I could be with them and spending time with them. I cannot wait to graduate so that Derek and I can move closer to family. We don't need to live RIGHT next to them, but within driving distance would be nice. I hate not seeing my siblings and my cute nephews and neice. It stinks. I just want to make memories with them.

*sigh* other than that Derek and I have a busy weekend. I have to study for a final, take it, hopefully take a nap, and then hang out with Mindy tonight. Tomorrow Derek and I both work in the morning. Then I have to do homework, Derek has to get ready an Elders Quorum activity together and then we have to GO to the activity tomorrow night. However, that should be really fun. Sunday we don't have any major plans but I'm sure something will come up. NEXT week is going to be crazy for me because I have the biggest test of the semester for nursing school and then I'm going to Utah with the nursing program for 3 days. It's gonna be crazy! I think I'm excited though!...kinda. I don't really plan on working at any of the hospitals though, but I guess it will be nice to see.

I just keep telling myself... 7 weeks....7 weeks...7 weeks...

1 comment:

Hiatt Family said...

Time and season for everything. Your staying cooped up is what will allow you to play in the future! I love you!