Well, I thought I would update the blog while I am sitting at work bored. I would do some homework but I can't really do any of it at work because I can't concentrate long enough to actually get anything done. Furthermore, Facebook is blocked and so I can't waste my time there. SO, this is my best option to keep me busy. Plus everyone else wants to here about my life right? haha...mostly this is just my journal and if anyone likes to read that is great (I love reading other people's blogs...I just feel mine is so boring).
Good News:
Derek and I are officially going to live in subsidized housing this fall! WOO!! We only have to pay $12 for rent, and then the electric and internet bill! That won't be too bad at all! I am so stoked! That's a lot of stress relieved.
I got a 95% on my Pediatrics test today which is AWESOME considering I got B's on the first 2 tests. It's a stinking hard class....
We got tickets to Texas for thanksgiving!! WOOO!! We are so excited and stoked! It's going to be a way fun time!
We have some more leads for internship possibilities...PRAY FOR US PLEASE!!
19 days of school left!!!
Bad News:
Still no internship...getting stressful
Chiropractor Bills still not paid...
School is not out...
We went camping last weekend with some friends (Jeff and Lindsey and his brothe Jacob) which was really fun. We went to Kilgore (which is bear country!! EEK!) and spent Saturday night there. We didn't have our tent because we lent it to the church for a Youth Trek, so Derek made like a little tent thingy and put his cot underneath it for me to sleep in. THEN, he made some little tarp thing for his sleeping bag so he could sleep in it. Well, let's just say it POURED that night and we ended up going into the car 2 hours after we went to bed because Derek was soaked (I was totally fine and warm but I didn't want to be outside with the bears without Derek there so I went in the car with him).
I felt really bad when Derek and I woke up because Lindsey and Jeff's sleeping bag was SOAKED!! They ended up having to dry out everything before we left.
However, I would honestly say that my favorite parts were playing Skip Bo and then watching Jeff and Lindsey cook their meals. I feel so bad to say that but...omgosh! hahahahaha. Firstly, they decided to bring shishkabobs (spell check) for dinner with chicken, peppers, onions, and potatos on them. WELL, they cooked them on this rack over the fire and the sticks caught on fire. Next, everything got burned except the chicken (which was still pink on the inside). So Derek and I told them that they should cook it in foil under the coals and it STILL took like an hour for the stuff to cook. I felt so badly, but it was kind of funny watching them trying to figure out what to do. I would have helped but 3 people working over a little rack was enough (plus they only had one rotating tool). Derek and I had finished our dinners before they had even finished setting up for their dinner...I felt badly...
The next morning Derek and I ate poptarts because we didn't feel like bringing the stove for one meal. Well...Jeff and Lindsey decided to eat pancakes...but forgot a mixing bowl...So they shook the pancake mix up with water in a water bottle and ended up only using about a third of the mixture. THEN, the pancakes ended up being crispy on the outside and kinda goey on the inside. Oh and the best part, they didn't bring syrup because they were afraid it would make things sticky....so they had plain pancakes that were crispy. They were such a riot too... I had to try not to laugh.
We did eat smores however and that went perfectly...besides the fact that the fire was so intensely hot that you could only stand close enough to roast the marshmellow for about 3 seconds. hahaha....it was a great camping trip! We're just going to have to do it again when it's not all rainy and gloomy outside!
Derek and I are going camping again next week for the 4th of July. I think it's going to be really fun and entertaining. That's really all I have to talk about...I'm still doing P90X. I still get a little sore the next morning but not nearly as bad as I did in the beginning. Derek and I played raquetball yesterday too...I totally suck. But we're gonna keep practicing so that I can get better!
Well, that's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment