Well, I had planned on doing a Spring cleaning on my apartment this weekend as well as writing a 20 page paper and studying for a test. Saturday Derek and I were going to get some much needed shopping done and then see the new Transformers movie that came out. Well, obviously the Lord had other plans.
Derek and I ate at Taco Bell Friday night because I was feeling a little down and needed to get out of the house. After we ate we cleaned for about an hour and then I went running. After running I noticed that my stomach was a little upset. I just figured I had pushed myself too hard working out and that it would go away within the next 15 minutes or so. When I got home it was getting worse. I thought I might be hungry so I ate a carrot and a handful of cereal. By 11pm I felt pretty nauseated and my stomach just killed me. It was cramping left and right. I tried to read to take my mind off of it. Well, by midnight I was living on the toilet. I won't go into details but let's just say I literally had water coming out of both ends. I was so sick. By the end of the night I was just dry-heaving because I didn't really have anything left in me. I was afraid for a little while that if I kept going at that rate I would have to go to the hospital to get IV fluids because I was losing so much fluid. Well, luckily it stopped at by about 10:00am I was feeling better...at least not vomiting. I spent the rest of the day on the couch because my whole body was achy and my stomach was still cramping. We ended up going to Idaho Falls to Sportsmans Warehouse to get my a water-proof jacket to have for camping this week, and it about killed me. Derek wasn't going to let me go but I was persistent enough that he gave in. I honestly probably shouldn't have gone. But I've been resting ever since. I did go to sacrament meeting today but that's about it.
Also, yesterday, right after I started to feel better I got a call from my dad heard that my grandpa was nonresponsive and that they were expecting him to pass any time. I got a call around 7 telling me that he passed away...although it is hard that he had to go, I am happy for him. My grandpa had lived a good long life and had been suffering the last few years from pain, diabetes, and cancer. It was time. I know that he is now with my grandma and in a better place that is free of pain. I love him very much and will miss him. But I know I will see him and grandma again one day. Right now I mostly just worry about my dad and how he is taking everything. We Hiatts are very sensitive people and don't take bad news very well. I can't imagine losing my father and mother at the ages my dad did. My grandma passed away about 9 years ago. I just hope he is alright...
So now Derek and I are trying to work out all the details for the upcoming week. First, I have a major test, then Derek, our friend Austin, and I are going camping until Friday or Saturday. Then Saturday we will head to Boise to meet up with my family. The funeral will probably be on Monday the 6th. We'll come back home either monday night or tuesday afternoon. We haven't decided yet. Everything just seems to crazy right now...
Anyway, I need to go get some of my paper done and study for my test. It's going to be a crazy, stressful, but hopefully fun,hard, sad, but happy and memorable week.
4 comments:
Wow Gina, that is a crazy weekend. I am so sorry about all of that stuff! Sometimes it seems like all of the bad things just keep piling up, but you are strong and you will definitely get through it! Keep your faith in the Lord and everything will be great. You'll be in my prayers this week!
Sorry to hear about your grandpa! I hope everything went well and the funeral was as beautiful as ever!
I am so sorry about your grandfather. When my grandmother passed, I was sad but then I was happy for her because she could finally be with my grandfather who she has not seen in over 40 plus years. I know that she lives still and is finally HOME.
Much love.
Post a Comment