Life has been REALLY interesting lately...firstly, after I recouperated from my lovely food poisoning, I had to take a test, rush to get packed, and leave for our camping trip on Wednesday. I was really stressed out because I needed to prepare for both the camping trip and the funeral.
The camping trip was really nice. The ride on the way there was a little stressful because Derek accidently hit a tree stump that no one saw coming except Austin and it was too late. We kinda ran over it and then came to a stop. However, after looking it appeared as though no damage had been done to our car. It was great to hang out with our good friend Austin, hunker down and read a book, and spend some quality time with my amazing husband, Derek. It was filled with adventure, like seeing a bear paw print, having to put our food WAY up high in a tree, running through a hail storm, and sleeping through a thunderstorm that was RIGHT over our heads. It was amazing fun. We played Phase 10 a TON and we all got to win which was really nice. We also told some scary stories around the fire which was awesome! I totally got spooked. Here are some fun pictures!
Me and My love Camping!!
This is our friend Austin that came camping with us! He's really funny.Well, on our way home from the camping trip, we noticed that the car was out of alignment! And it wasn't just a slight unalignment, it was horrible!! When we would make a turn, the car would squeak like something was rubbing against stuff. Ugh, it was horrible 1 1/2 hour trip back to Rexburg. Well, we had totally forgotten that it was July 4th and that NO Car Repair shop would be open. It took me about all of 15 seconds when I got home to start crying and saying that the world was ending as I knew it. Derek of course was the strong one who held me tight and told me that everything was going to be ok and that we would get to Grandpa's funeral. To make a long story short my Dad said he would help us out and within 4 hours we had unpacked, showered, repacked, took a quick nap and were on the road again. We picked up my family (minus cheri because she is in France), and we headed to Albertsons. There we bought some chicken and Fresca and then headed over to a parking lot to watch the Fireworks. The Fireworks were pretty good, at least I thought so, and it was really fun to be with the family again. Derek said that he felt the most at home and had the most fun with my family this trip. I think things are getting "normal" again. You know, like we're getting used to each other's family and stuff.
It was really nice to be able to spend some time with my family, listen to Joel play the guitar and piano, spend time with Laurel, and chat with my parents. I have missed them a lot. The only thing that kept me from crying when I left was knowing that I would see them again in 3 weeks.
The Funeral was really good. I got to see a lot of my family that I hadn't seen in FOREVER. Seriously, it was crazy. I really enjoyed it though because I feel like a lot of us have really grown up. It was crazy to see some of my cousins that are my age with kids, like Bryton, or people who I used to think were kids are now all grown up! I had a great time seeing those who don't live in Idaho or Oregon like Janelle, Uncle Ray and Aunt Carolyn. Really, it was good to see everyone because it had been YEARS since I had even seen some of my own Uncles and Aunts. Crazy...
I had a hard time seeing Grandpa in his casket, but I know he's in a better place. The funeral program itself was very beautiful and it was easy to tell by those who spoke as well as the amazing turnout that he was loved. I will miss my grandpa but know that I will see him again in the next life and that he will be there to meet me when I pass on.
Working on "Farewell Nauvoo" so that we could sing it
Grandpa was taken to the cemetery by a horse and carriage
Well, on a much less spiritual note...Derek and I got a parking ticket for parking in a construction zone. I got pretty mad when the police officer issued it because 1) We are SO poor it isn't even funny 2) The road that was technically "closed" didn't have cones all the way across the road 3) We saw another car parked there (I guess it was a construction worker) and thought it was ok 4) One of the people that lives right next to the construction site said he has watched the officer purposefully come by and look to see if anyone is specifically there so he can give them tickets (like he finds pleasure in it or something...ugh)...luckily it wasn't that much so we were able to pay it but MY GOSH! Whatever happened to the days of warnings? I was also irritated because he already had it written out and everything before he even spoke with us. I guess I'm kinda certain that I could have talked my way out of it if I'd been there when he first got there...although maybe I wouldn't have been able to since he seems to find joy in making others miserable...ugh...
Anyway, life is going like normal....lots of trials and challenges, but with my wonderful husband and my supportive family (both sides), I know we can get through anything!
2 comments:
When you look back, these will be the good times.
Gina! it was so awesome to see you and finally meet your hubby!! Cant wait to hang out with you two this next month! Hope the rest of the semester goes a little smoother for you!
Post a Comment