School is out!! WOOO!!! I am so happy that I am done with 3 semesters of Nursing! Actually, it hasn't really hit yet. But I know that in about a week or so I will get that relaxed feeling and then feel very content. Derek and I have been very blessed over the last year and we are very grateful for that. We definitely have some great family! And we have some good friends...for the most
There is just one thing that has kind of gotten me down. Maybe I am just a little hormonal or maybe I still have like post-traumatic stress from the last semester of school, but I kinda feel a little let down with our friends here in Rexburg. Derek and I are moving to another apartment tomorrow during the day/afternoon. I know it is stupid, but I have been a little disappointed with the commitment that we have been having from our friends.
Well, at first we thought that we weren't going to need a lot of help with moving, so we just asked a couple of friends if they could help us. One told us that they would be out of town that day and then 2 hours later they were telling Derek they would be home the night before and that he could count them in for basketball (there is a possibility that in this case, there may have been a communication error on the day we told them we were moving). Another told us he could make it for sure, but when we called him tonight to remind him (because we are starting to get a little frantic at the lack of help we have), he told us that he wasn't going to be able to make it because he has work tomorrow (what I love is the fact that he didn't even have the common curtesy to tell us that he would be working and we would have been left hanging had we not called him). Another couple said they would totally be there, then last night they bailed on us for a family activity (I wasn't too mad, it just sucked after we had like everyone else bail), and there are a few more people that have told us they would come and then backed out within the last day. SO, now we are down to literally 2 people helping us. In an entire ward and out of ALL of our friends (whom many by the way Derek has helped and bent over backward for them over and over and over again) we could only find 2 people to help us. Derek told me they even announced it in Priesthood. Sorry, but I think that is REALLY pathetic.
I know this whole thing is prideful and it is selfish for me to say this but MY GOSH!! Derek and I have helped so many people this last year for different things. I mean, we are dropping all of our moving and everything by 3 o'clock tomorrow so that we can go help set up for 2 hours tomorrow for a ward activity and do some more service, yet we can't even get a handful of people to help us move. Where is the thanks in return? I'm not looking for rewards or praise or any of that crap. I just want to be treated with a little bit of help in return. I am really, REALLY disappointed. And what kills me the most, is if I were in Georgia right now, we would have so many people at our doorstep that we would probably be moved in an hour. This has really made me want to get out of this town even more and faster if I could.
I am so disappointed.
3 comments:
Don't let it get you down! Just be the way you are...and one day your "friends" will wish they would have helped out or been a little more considerate!
I understand, and I'm so sorry. We got no help with moving when we were in Rexburg. There's something special about the South.
That is so weird! People are pretty good about helping out here too... I wonder what everyone's problem is?
Post a Comment