Ok. I'm at my Uncle Mike and Aunt Julie's house and I finally have internet as well as time to blog. Well, I feel very humbled and very foolish for doubting and being so overly critical of the people here in Rexburg. Let's see....Friday morning rolled around and I was hurrying to try to pack some things quickly before the 2 people we knew were coming would arrive. Then, when 10 o'clock hit, 4 different men showed up. We had borrowed 2 trucks and one of the guys had brought their own. So we had 3 trucks to start loading. Within half an hour there was an additional Suburban with a big trailor on the back at our house waiting to be loaded. The next thing I knew there were literally 8 or 9 guys helping us move. I was amazed. In order to show my appreciation, I left and bought some pizza and coke for the guys for lunch. By 11:30, we were almost completely moved (besides some small items Derek and I decided we would take care of the next day). And so, within 1 1/2 hours we had 4 major moving vehicles and 9 men show up to help us and we were basically done! Man, I felt so stupid and jugmental for what I had said the previous day. I definitely found myself called to repentance.
We headed over to the ward camp out at 4 o'clock and helped set everything up. We had a great time eating and socalizing with everyone. Derek and our friend Jeff ended up jumping into the lake which was rather funny because Derek and I talked about doing it (I decided not to since I didn't have a change of clothes and I couldn't really jump in with just shorts on like Derek could) and then Jeff said, "Derek, I'll jump if you will." What Jeff probably didn't guess is that Derek was really serious about jumping. So, within about 10 minutes two boys were jumping in the freezing river. It was pretty funny. Derek said it wasn't too cold though.
Saturday, Derek and I unfinished packing everything and enjoyed spending time with our friend Nater. On Sunday, our friend Austin came over and played Phase 10 with us while we watched "O Brother Where Art Thou?" I love that movie. Monday, we finished packing, ate lunch at the Smiths, drove 4 hours to Provo, and then watched the Bachelorette Season Finale with Uncle Mike and Aunt Julie! I didn't really care for the final 2 much so it didn't really matter to me who she picked. I was too in love with Jake that got kicked off a long time ago...*sigh*. Anyway,
Derek and I are just chillin with Uncle Mike and Aunt Julie today and then we leave for Georgia tomorrow afternoon!! EEK!!! We are WAY excited!!
I don't have time to blog right now. But I want people to know that we had at least 8 men show up to help us today. We were moved within an hour to an hour and a half. It was incredible. I feel pretty foolish for doubting and being so critical. Although all the people that did show were not ones that we had asked. God works in miraculous and mysterious ways.
Gina Shumway
No comments:
Post a Comment