Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wind Caves, School Starts, Blessings

Holy Cow it has been forever since I have really updated my blog. A lot and yet nothing much has really happened since I last blogged.

Two of our good friends, Sherry and Taylor, moved about a week before school started so we decided to get together with them one last time before they left. They were nice enough to drive us to the wind caves in Driggs where we hiked about 3-4 miles before actually getting to the wind caves. It was so much fun! The only problem was that none of us knew that we really needed to bring a flash light...so we weren't able to go in that deep. However, the hike itself was a blast! Here are some pictures...








That huge crack/hole above us is the opening to the wind caves

We really enjoyed it and want to go back. I think our friend Cori King is going to come see us the first weekend in November, so we are planning to take him there. Hopefully it's not snowed in by that point!

School started on the 10th of September. I think it is going pretty well. Although Derek is taking 19 1/2 credits, he doesn't seem too stressed or swamped with homework. However, Derek doesn't outwardly show his stress like I do. I am, as usual, slightly stressed about many things, but the semester is going well. It has proven to be slightly difficult, but manageable. I have been applying to a million hospitals it seems like and although the prospects right now don't seem amazing, I think I will be able to find a job fairly quickly.

I also HAVE to write and express my thanks to my heavenly father for the wonderful blessings he has been giving Derek and me, especially the most recent one. So, I got home Thursday night from clinical and was checking my E-mail when I saw I had received one concerning my "Financial Aid Award." I had no idea what it was about, so I went to my Financial Aid page and saw that I had been given a $500 Grant. I guess some people donated money to give to students and I was chosen! How sweet is that?! I don't know why I was chosen, but I am SO grateful! It really reiterated to me that Heavenly Father IS mindful of our needs and he DOES answer prayers. I thought it was funny, but oddly true when Derek said, "You know that saying, 'money doesn't grow on trees'? Well for us, I think that's true." Whenever Derek and I have found ourselves needing money, the Lord has somehow found a way for us to receive it. Whether it be from our parents, scholarships, grants, a lady paying for my flu shot out of the kindness of her heart (loans..although that we have to pay back), and many other obscure like subsidized housing, we have ALWAYS met our financial obligations. I KNOW that this is because of our Heavenly Father. I know he lives and I know he watches over all of us.

Also, this weekend is General Conference. I encourage everyone to watch it. For those of you who are not members and don't know what it is, General Conference is when the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints come together and give us counsel from the Lord. I watched it today and was greatly uplifted and blessed. If you don't have TV, just go to www.lds.org and there will be a link to watch it! It comes on at 10am and 2pm Mountain Standard Time. If you listen and follow what they say, you will be blessed, I promise.

Well, that's about it. I hope everyone has a relaxing yet productive weekend!

PS Here is a more recent picture of me. My hair is getting long again! YEA!!

No comments: