Saturday, October 30, 2010

Camping!!







Well, life is going well. I took Baxter to the vet almost 3 weeks ago. He
> weight 27.5 lbs. So he gained 9lbs in 3 weeks. Which is an average of
> 3lbs/week. He is eating, sleeping, and getting into trouble
> constantly. Although he is already 3/4 obedient (that's just a made
> up...I guess obedient 75% of the time). He knows the words "come"
> "sit" "down" "leave it" "outside" "go potty" "go to bed (although he
> never obeys that command)" and of course his name. I love him!!! He
> has the cutest little face. Whenever we take him anywhere people
> always comment on how absolutely gorgeous he is. He really is though.
> His coat is amazingly sleek and shiny. Anyway....as you can tell, he
> is basically my child since I don't have any kids right now. It's so
> sad...I used to make fun of these people...
>
> Derek and I, and the puppies, went backpacking last weekend. It was an
> absolute BLAST!! We hiked in on Friday night, which was not a problem
> since Derek and I bought some awesome head lamps at REI earlier that
> week. The dogs wore their little packs that we got them, and they were absolutely ADORABLE! It was so much fun sleeping in our little 2 man tent with 2 dogs as well. They actually fit really well! Although the next time we go, we are going to have to buy a new tent because Baxter is definitely going to be too big the for our little tent the next time we go. But the dogs literally had such a blast. It's really nice because they come when we call and never wander too far from camp.
On a topic NOT about our Dogs, Derek and I are going to Alabama to the Temple next weekend and then the following week we are going to Atlantic City for Derek's business trip. We are totally stoked! Our parents are being nice enough to watch the dogs. Thanks!!!! I will have to write about it when we get back. Work is really hard, but sometimes rewarding...usually rewarding...I have gotten really frustrated a few times, but luckily I have a great charge nurse that sat me down, talked to me, and gave some great compliments. Since I use this as a personal journal, I will write it...please don't think I'm bragging...but she said that she always puts me with the "nurse that doesn't move patients" because she knows I will make up the rest. While it's a great compliment, it makes my job stressful because extra weight is put on my shoulders. I also have co-workers and doctors telling me that I need to pursue a master/doctorates because I'm "too smart to be a nurse." *sigh* everyone wants to give me their opinion...
As for Derek's job, he loves every minute of it. We thank Heavenly Father everyday for our blessings. Derek says he honestly doesn't know how he got lucky enough to have this job. We both say it's because we try to do what God wants us to do and we follow the commandments. I can definitely testify that obedience is the way to go. You don't get everything you want, but you get what you need and sometimes much more :)

1 comment:

Hiatt Family said...

How does it feel to have turned into "those type of people"? Glad you are loving life!