Thursday, December 30, 2010

Home for the Holidays

Well, as usual, I am SO late on posting. It's been over a month...I'm going to try and remember what all we have done since then. Let's see...I finished my last semester of undergraduate school!!! I now have a Bachelor Degree in the Science of Nursing! And, as I like to say, I am done with school until a TBD date. In other words, I will either be done with school until after I have kids and they are in school, or in about two years. It all depends on the Lord and if he decides to bless Derek and I with a baby. We shall see...
Derek's job is going well, it's growing, surely but slowly, It is taking longer than both he and his boss thought, but they are definitely making progress. As for my work...I went through a period of time when I really did not like my job. I had difficulty to adjusting being a minority, learning to work with people of another culture, as well as listening to what Doctor's tell me. However, I am really growing to enjoy my job a lot! I am getting more and more proficient and the Doctors are beginning to trust me and work well with me. It has been great!
Baxter and Betsy are doing great. Baxter is probably around 58 pounds now. So we're probably only 30 pounds away from the end of his growing! haha...maybe.
We spent Christmas with my family which was great! Cheri came home from college and it was so nice to see her! She has even began dating this guy from Colorado whom she is SO smitten with. Joel is getting even better at the guitar (I didn't know that was possible) and Laurel is just as smart as ever. I have been transposing/converting our Family Home Videos from VHS to DVD. I am so glad to get that done because a lot of those VHS videos are getting VERYYYYYYYY old!! As in, 22 years old :). Oh! I also had a really good birthday! The Friday before my birthday, I went to a work Christmas/Award party, which was way fun. All of my co-workers couldn't believe how well I could clean up!! haha. And everyone kept commenting on how handsome Derek is. On Saturday, Derek and I (and the puppies) went hiking at "Little Stone Mountain" which was great, we spent Saturday night with Derek's family and then spent Sunday with my family. I just had the best weekend!
I am currently at Derek's parents house. We have been having a great time! For Christmas, (besides Baxter) Derek and I bought "us" AKA "me" a camera!! It's an EOS 7D Canon! I'm so excited!! EEKK!!! It just arrived about 15 minutes ago! I just wanted to finish this post before I started spending the day looking at it! Hehe! Yeah!!!
Life is good!

No comments: