Ok, now that I have gotten the spiritual aspect of my life out of the way, now I would like to share a little story of me wanting to inflict pain on another person. So, I am a server at Mimi's Cafe. I enjoy it. I make okay money. Well, I don't know how much everyone else knows about the restaurant business, but in most restaurants there are servers (who take the orders, run the food etc), and then there are bussers. Bussers are the ones that clear the rest of the table if you have not finished doing so, clean it, and then set on the new utensils and napkins. Well, today we got slammed and all my tables were dirty so I asked a busser, Roberto, if he was my busser. He told me that he wasn't and that Lupe was my server but she wouldn't be in until 10am so he would clean my tables for me and help me out. I thanked him and he did a great and quick job. Well, 10am came around and all of my tables were dirty except 1. That table got sat with a hispanic couple. They were a great table, nice, and left me a good tip. Well, about halfway through their meal, I noticed that Lupe must have been friends with them because she kept going over and talking to them. I soon realized that she wasn't cleaning whatsoever and that my tables were still dirty. So I decided to go over there and clean them off, then maybe she would get that hint to finish them the rest of the way. I did. No movement. Irritated, I went up to Mikey and asked him to tell her to stop talking to that table and clean my tables (I have to pay her after my shift and I don't feel like paying her for nothing, especially since Roberto had cleaned all the other tables). Mikey asked her to and I felt slightly better. But when I looked back at my tables 5 minutes later, nothing had been touched. Then out walked Lupe with two iced mocha cappechinos and she sets them on this hispanic's table. Firstly, she had NO right to give away free drinks, SECONDLY my tables were STILL Dirty and everyone else in the entire restaurants were getting parties BUT me. So I went back to Mikey, asked him to tell get on her case before I did, and then I went and finished cleaning and setting up my tables. I did everything. I was furious. And then the next thing I hear is "EXCUSE ME!?!?!" She definitely had horrible timing. I turned around and there was Lupe, my busser, screaming at me. She started saying there were no dirty tables yada yada yada. By the way, all of this is in Spanish and I guess she had no idea I speak spanish. SO I'm speaking to her in English and finally say, "Ok apparently English doesn't work for you." So I switch to Spanish and basically say, "You're lazy, you don't work, get out of my face." (She continues to yell at me) I was trembling with fury at this point and decided either I was going to pummel her or I was going to walk away. I chose the later with her still screaming at my back as I left. The same thing basically happened again a second time but this time it was only just her yelling, except for one sentence by me, and this time it was in front of customers. That made me even more agitated. So Mikey told me I could go home if I wanted. The restaurant was slow and I was aching to hit her, so I decided to leave. I apologized to all the other bussers because she kept rambling on to them and I could tell they were trying to be impartial, especially because I consider them my friends and vice versa. Anyways, it was definitely quite a scene. I still wouldn't mind hitting her...that's gotta be bad...maybe I should go back up to the top of my entry and read my spiritual stuff. Well, I guess no one's perfect. haha
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Spiritual: God answers prayers Physical: I almost physically beat up a girl today
I want to testify that Heavenly Father listens to our prayers and answers them. Sometimes things happen and are hard to bear, but we just have to realize that most of the time, he is opening a door and preparing an even better way and experience for us. Last night we received a call from the owner of a 3 bedroom basement apartment saying that she would like to rent it out to us. It is only 650 a month and includes a washer/dryer, internet, and cable, AND it's only 2 blocks from campus (a must since we only have one car). Also, because the owners of Bristol Manor broke the contract we had, they wanted to make things right and offered us a smaller off-site manager position. They told us if we would be willing to do that they would pay an entire years rent for this 3 bedroom apartment. So, not only are Derek and I upgrading from a 1 bedroom apartment to a 3 bedroom apartment, we get our own washer/dryer along with a less demanding management position. I completely feel that we have come out with an even better situation on our part than the one we were in before. I know that this is because of the faith we put in the Lord and the effort we have given in striving to live the commandments. I feel so completely and utterly blessed. Derek and I have had many trials, yet really we are coming out on top and even better than we were before.
Labels:
spiritual
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have inflicted joy and pain on me for years..
Glad you have learned that all these experiences shall be for thy good.
Glad I did not have to send bail money.
I'm glad that everything worked out in the end. Oh, the story about wanting to hit your busser. VERY funny! I'm sorry it was so frustrating. Talk about a rough day, I hope your boss fires her.
Post a Comment